Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be purchasing my Titan within the very near future (not soon enough...). I know already it is gonna be an LE, but trying to decide between the King or Crew Cab. I have been wanting the Crew since I have a lot friends and i would want all that room and interior space, but if there's enough back there in a King to put 2 or 3 people comfortable, I could get a King LE and spend less $$.....from those of you who own Titans now, what do you think??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Howie Kaluha said:
I am going to be purchasing my Titan within the very near future (not soon enough...). I know already it is gonna be an LE, but trying to decide between the King or Crew Cab. I have been wanting the Crew since I have a lot friends and i would want all that room and interior space, but if there's enough back there in a King to put 2 or 3 people comfortable, I could get a King LE and spend less $$.....from those of you who own Titans now, what do you think??
If you're really going to have passengers a lot, go CrewCab.
I own a King Cab, fantastic for me - I need the larger bed, and I also don't like to drive folks around :teethmast

·
Registered
40 Posts
CC vs. KC

Howie Kaluha said:
I think that you should definitely go w/ the CC, I just got mine two weeks ago and I LOVE IT. I would say that you have as much room in the back as you do in the front seats. FYI I would also suggest staying away from the TAN interior, it is UGLY. MY04TITAN is Smoke outside w/ Gray interior, looks SWEET. Let me know if you got any other questions.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK guys thanks. :) Man, really excited about getting it...Titan is so wicked, can't wait to have it sitting in my driveway. I think I will go for CC

·
Registered
622 Posts
Howie Kaluha said:
it all depends on your needs. if you are more concerned about using your bed, obvsiously the KC is the way to go, for people, obviously the CC. i personally went with the CC, i love the space back there, i think anyone over 6 feet tall would be cramped for more than a 20 minutes ride in the back of a KC.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Head down to the nearest dealer lot and sit in the back of them both. This will help you make up your mind quicker. Also think about what you'll be using the bed for. The extra foot of bed length may be useful or moot.

I was almost set to get the KC when i took my wife to check them out and she thought the CC was the better way to go. She was cool with spending the extra $2000, and i certainly wasn't gonna argue. Either way i'm sure you'll be happy. :upsidedow

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, so far all my friends are telling me to get the Crew Cab...looks like the best choice for me

·
Registered
780 Posts
see "cozy seven"

we fit seven adults in our se bench seater kingcab for a 1.5 hour trip, each way, but the crew cab's the way to go if you're gonna haul people more often..

we want to do some truck camping, so CC's 5.5" bed would be too short to sleep in for us. (6' would be OK if that had it such)

we're gonna attach a six bicycle rack

·
Registered
250 Posts
If crash protection is important to you, crew cabs generally do better in the crash tests than extended cabs, especially in the side impact test.

·
Registered
359 Posts
outahere said:
If crash protection is important to you, crew cabs generally do better in the crash tests than extended cabs, especially in the side impact test.
That's a very good point, outahere...thanks for bringing it up! :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was think king until I noticed that they are both the same size truck length wise. Then I thought it would be better to go CC which I did.

Nicest thing about it is when I am putting stuff in the back seat, I only need to open one door. The back one!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Everyone is putting emphasis on the people hauling ability of the Crew Cab which is the most important aspect. However, there is another benefit of the Crew Cab-more interior hauling space. With the rear seat folded up there is unbelievable space to store stuff out of the way of inclimate weather and thieves. Think of Christmas shopping trips. Also, if you are constantly going in and out of the rear door like I do, it's easier opening just one door.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That's a very good point about the Christmas shopping trip. I was out buying big stuff and I went to store it in my ext cab Dakota. It was quite a chore getting a large item back there while I went in to finish buying stuff. Couldn't leave it in the bed or it would get stolen. Just one more reason I need a Titan.

·
Registered
359 Posts
That's why I've really enjoyed my '01 Frontier CC...as a hunter, there's nothing better than having the extra doors and backseat room to haul my hunting gear in...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I eas set to buy a KC, but one drive in the CC and I was sold!

·
Registered
473 Posts
KC was the answer for me. I do woodworking as a hobby. I often haul lumber to the kiln for drying or hauling some back. The longer bed is a requirement for me. With the gate down, 8' leaves only 6" sticking out on most of my rough sawn lumber.

I am building a platform and folding ramp so the dogs can climb up into the back and use the seats. I love the LATCH (child seat) system. I use it to attach the dogs so they would not get hurt in an accident. They can still move around, but are restrained from flying!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I originally intended to order a kk but went with the CC. I did not want to spend the next 7-10 years wishing I had spent the extra dough for the CC. I was a bit concerned about the five and a half foot bed, but I will not be hauling items very often so I ordered my truck with the sliding bed extender ($280), it will add an extra foot and one half, if and when I need it. I played around with one of these sliding bed extenders at a dealer and it was very neat and stores out of the way nicely.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fifth wheel

I will be hauling a fifth wheel trailer, so the KC was the only option for me. My last truck was a Dodge, with virtually no room behind the seat, so this is going to be a real luxury for me. Al in Benson, AZ

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL, they want me to have the big truck just so they all get free rides on road trips and stuff like that....hehe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts