Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05, was playing a standard cd when it finished it would not go to the next disc and displayed "check disc". After many attempts to get the thing to do anything it will only go back to radio mode after it beeps at me.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
J. T.
Did the disc have a printed label on it? If so these can stick in the cd changer. I had this happen and I had to remove the stereo and then remove the disc from inside it. It took a little while but this solved the problem. Don't EVER put a cd with a printed and glued on label into these CD players!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
J. T. Mitchell said:
I have an 05, was playing a standard cd when it finished it would not go to the next disc and displayed "check disc". After many attempts to get the thing to do anything it will only go back to radio mode after it beeps at me.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Thanks a lot for the reply. I had store bought cd's in. Since my thread I took the cd player out and dismantled it to retreive my cd's. The damn thing still only beeps at me when I try to turn it on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Art Vandalay said:
Did it start giving trouble without warning?
Was listening to music and when it reached the end of the cd and went to go to the next cd in order, it acted up. Never had any warning whatsoever.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Mine just did the same thing yesterday finished up CD#6 then told me to hit eject now all it does is beep at me when I push any button related to the CD players functions Radio works fine though. I still have not tried to remove the player yet, though I'm going to have to the wife wants her CDs back

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2004 Nissan Titan and about a month ago I had to replace my battery. Ever since the cd player won't work. It may not be related to replacing the battery, I don't know. I just know that immediately after changing it the cd player would no longer work. I have looked for help online and can't seem to get any suggestions on how to fix the problem. I know there is a recall on these trucks for some electrical relay and wonder if that could be the problem. Everytime I push cd button it will just beeps a few times and won't play or eject cds in the player. I would appreciate any help in figuring this out. I really can't afford to replace or repair cd player.

Thanks,
kl483

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Just happened to me also.... A "how to" on getting he unit out would be great...

Funny, I recently had my battery replaced also

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone have any ideas on this? I just replaced my battery ('04) and now the changer is broken - it was definitely the battery in my case.... Was working just before and now hosed

·
Registered
384 Posts
the changer in my 05 crapped out when disconnected mine to hard wire the power for a XM receiver.... my fix was to order aftermarket

·
Registered
88 Posts
My non RF 6 disc change is doing the same thing. I've tried the disconnecting the batt trick,,, nothing (lost the radio presets,,, knew that was coming, but lost my trip info, as I track my mileage that was a surprise). I've also taken the unit out (twice) attempted to remove the cd's by any means but smashing the unit and nothing.... still the triple beep.... I don't want after market nor do I want to spend a dime on this. Anyone with any foresight on how the changer works, please post something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see there are more people having this issue, but noone seems to know how to fix it. I was going to try diconnecting the battery but there are people saying they tried and it didn't work. Maybe Nissan should do something about this, like maybe telling people how to fix it or reset it. Their answer is us having to go pay their rediculous prices to have one of their technicians fix something that I am sure is very simple; it is just a matter of knowing what to do! I refuse to do that, even if I had the money. I guess I just won't have a cd player until I can sell it if I can't figure out how to do it myself.

Has anyone that tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting after 15 minutes had it actually work?

·
Registered
384 Posts
when i turn my truck on just the clock is displayed..the cd player and radio will not work ..just getting clock .. Any thoughts?
thats the same problem mine had...i checked the fuses...then said "faa kit" and ordered my aftermarket

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: cd player not working solution

If you have a problem with your cd player not working after changing your battery, just disconnect positive cable on battery for about 15 minutes and reconnect. Should fix the problem. I looked for months online for help and heard about this method, but some people said it wasn't working so I didn't bother trying. We just recently decided to give it a try and it worked! I don't know if it will help everyones issue, but I had changed my battery and after that it wouldn't work. Not even Nissan would help me! Thanks to those of you who gave us this idea, and I hope this will help those of you who are still having trouble.

Kl483

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I just tried this and it did NOT work on my '07 CC

·
Registered
9 Posts
FYI, I had the same issue, changer took discs fine, then crapped out. Just beeps three times when you hit "CD" or "load" or the eject button. Battery disconnect never worked, tried many times. I think that this does not work if there are discs in the changer. I removed the HU, manually got the discs out, reinstalled, and now it works properly.

The trim panel around the radio pops off, but be aware you have to disconnect like 10 different wire harnesses, for the radio, climate, even the airbag light. Then unbolt the HU, remove like four more harnesses plus the antenna, and take it out of the car. You then need to separate the changer from the rest, there are like 6-8 of the little screws you have to remove to do this. Basically the bottom plate of the unit comes off, then the changer part is mostly free. There are two tiny harnesses you have to disconnect as well. Then it's just a matter of getting the discs out. This can be a pain, I'm not gonna lie. There is a white gear near the edge of the case that you can rotate with your finger. It will move the "door" into the open position so you can eject a disc, and it may eject one for you. Then just start trying to get the rest out. Mine had 4 in it, and the 4th was close to impossible, the CD defintely took some nicks and scratches and I thought it was gonna shatter. A 5th or 6th one, I've no idea how you'd get them out...

Anyway, do what you gotta do, put it back together, and put it back in the car. If you are lucky, when you turn the key on, you will be able to select "CD" and to use the load and eject buttons. So far it has worked with a couple discs in terms of playing and ejecting them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I unhooked the positive battery cable on my 04 titan for 15 minutes then hooked it back up and then pressed the cd button and it started to work again. Was having the same problem of it beeping 3 times.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hmm i am trying it now on my 2004. This may have happened after i change out my battery the last time. I can't say for sure but i did change it out around the same time i remember it working.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts