Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to play a CD today in my 06 titan and all im getting are 3 beeps. i tried to reset everything and that didn't work. im wondering if anyone can explain to me how to take the radio out so i can get to the cd changer to see if a cd is stuck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i tried the 30 min wait and it didn't work, i took the radio out and i saw 5 cd's in there and one seemed to be out of line. i tried to line it up but it didn't work. im wondering if there are any ways to take the CDs out of the loader/changer or any "easy" ways to open it up without springs and stuff flying all over the place.

·
Registered
139 Posts
CoonDogg said:
still need help.

anyone know how i can get the cd's out of the cd changer?
I also have this problem. Took the truck to the dealer for new manifolds. I requested they look at the changer as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
my radio locked up completely with 6 cds inside, i had to take it to the dealership and they had to send the radio away to get the cds out and they popped in a brand new radio, no charge, i got my cds back a few weeks later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
my radio locked up completely with 6 cds inside, i went to dealership, they had to ship off radio to remove cds, popped in brand spankin new radio no charge, got my cds back a couple of weeks later.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i am having this problem too. i just bought the truck 2 months ago and the cd player never worked it just beeped when i pushed the cd button so i took out the cd changer and found 5 cds jammed in it but now it wont turn on. does anyone know if after you unhook the stereo unit from your vehicle do you need a code or anything.

·
Registered
88 Posts
mrblonde said:
i am having this problem too. i just bought the truck 2 months ago and the cd player never worked it just beeped when i pushed the cd button so i took out the cd changer and found 5 cds jammed in it but now it wont turn on. does anyone know if after you unhook the stereo unit from your vehicle do you need a code or anything.

This has actually been an issue with the Titans that have the 6disc indash changers. Anyone who has this issue should bring it to the dealership for replacement under warranty. Out of warranty you can usually buy these somewhere such as ebay under a hundred bucks.
MRBLONDE: Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you shouldn't need a code or anything. Just be careful that when you have these "type" of things unplugged do not turn your key to ON, it will throw a code. If out of warranty, you should be able to purchase a used one and install no problem, as I have had mine out and unplugged a couple of times... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
800 Posts
i played that number a few times, took it in and replaced, worked fine a few times, a few weeks later my cd's arrive, the second time- same thing, so i decided at that point to upgrade to an aftermarket hu, no problems since. the fosgate in these titans (6 disc) need some serious bugs worked out, i find it hard to believe that this is still happening, i am sure that nissan knows about this by now, i know of at least 5 people that this has happend to and it has been at least a year and a 1/2, oh well maybe its cheaper to just to replace these units than to fix them. it just sucks that we payed all this money to have a POS radio in the titan and having to replace them while truck has very little miles on them. ok i am starting to rant, bye bye now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
So last night, I was playing some CD's ... and I don't think the change was full, maybe 3-4 in there ... and suddenly I heard a clunk ... and then it stopped playing. The clock and backlighting works, but nothing else does. Not the radio, not the CD ... unresponsive to any controlers incl on/off.

So I checked the fuse and that seemed fine.

Does this sound like the same problem?

It sucks having no radio ... esp. on a long commute.:crying:

I have a 2006 Titan SE ... should this be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
79 Posts
So I called the dealer ... and they said to drop in today and they would replace it under warranty. They definately must be seeing this a lot ...

So in other words, these Titan radios can die and at any time ... and you better hope it does before the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have a particular burnt mp3 cd that freaks out my 6disc from time to time. the display locks up and wont turn on or off, no sound etc.. but only on this one mp3 cd. regardless, i can pull the two radio fuses under the hood for about 30sec and upon reinstall all is cool again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thats interesting ... because I was playing an mp3 burned (data) CD-R when it locked up.

I've seen the fuse inside, near the passenger side air vents ... is there another fuse inside the hood also?

Also, I dropped one of the spare fuses into the body by accident, are those easy to get replacements for? Advice?

Thx,
scott

·
Registered
222 Posts
it was the two fuses under the hood

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jared, what are the two fuses under the hood? Thanks bro,,

roddy

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same problem here guys, will take into dealership and see whats wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had to take my Titan to Nissan dealership today because of the recall. While I was there I tried to get help with the issue I am having with the cd player not working. We didn't get any help whatsoever! I am very disappointed with Nissan and will not buy another one of their vehicles, even though they are nice looking. They have too many issues with electical crap, and of course you can't get any info on how to fix the problem yourself, you have to have one of their high priced technicians fix it. I am having issues with the windows, the doors lock and unlock on their own, and after changing my battery the cd player stopped working. I see there are alot of people having the same issues but apparently Nissan doesn't care about customer satisfaction. I refuse to change the cd player or to pay them to fix it! Just changing your battery should not cause you all kinds of problems like this.

If anyone has had this problem; after changing the battery the cd player only beeps 3 times, then PLEASE let me know how you reset it. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
kl483

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I have the same issue with my truck. I bought it used in January, so I don't know what the previous owner did. It just beeps 3 times when I press CD.

I tried looking for the two fuses, but only found one under the hood. I pulled it for about 30 seconds, but it didn't seem to do anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 04 CC and rarely use the CD player...but recently had the same problem..3 beeps. I did change the battery a while ago, so I disconnected the positive terminal for 15 minutes - and right away, it came back up as though nothing had happened! There was a cd with a paper label with some bubbling - so maybe it just takes a little to upset it...but, everyone is happy now!

Thanks for the tip!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts