Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss' Titan (07 CC LE w/ RF Audio) will not eject or play any of his cd's. He thinks that his wife put a cd in the changer that had higher than normal raised lettering on the cover and is stuck. As the dealer is not open today or tomorrow do any of you guys have any suggestions to remedy this?

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Push the button...............lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump.....

c'mon guys. help me look good for the boss

·
Registered
120 Posts
Same thing happened to me at 700 miles on my '08 pro4x. The cd player had problems recognizing mp3 formats prior to that, but no other problems. Did what you describe once, then came back to life a day later. Next time I hit eject, the cd player died forever. I tried paperclips, everything besides gouging things out with a pocketknife. (They stack, not spin, btw, in case you go the pocketknife route.)
Dealer replaced it within 2 days and mailed me back my cds. Since I'm close to their quality control facility in Smyrna, I had 5 techs from the plant, plus the dealership techs working on my baby. wu tang to that.
Not a problem since, 'cept that the RF system needs more ooomph for the $2k pricetag.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fat Possum said:
Same thing happened to me at 700 miles on my '08 pro4x. The cd player had problems recognizing mp3 formats prior to that, but no other problems. Did what you describe once, then came back to life a day later. Next time I hit eject, the cd player died forever. I tried paperclips, everything besides gouging things out with a pocketknife. (They stack, not spin, btw, in case you go the pocketknife route.)
Dealer replaced it within 2 days and mailed me back my cds. Since I'm close to their quality control facility in Smyrna, I had 5 techs from the plant, plus the dealership techs working on my baby. wu tang to that.
Not a problem since, 'cept that the RF system needs more ooomph for the $2k pricetag.
Wow, we'll i'll call him with the news. thanks for the response:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
35,741 Posts
If there is power to the unit then it is not a fuse or the power supply circut.

You will have to remove the unit to extract the cd's.

Sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Disrupting the power supply to the unit could make it reset and spit out the CD. Disconnect/reconnect the battery and see what happens. Just a thought...

L

·
Registered
44 Posts
BBtruck said:
Disrupting the power supply to the unit could make it reset and spit out the CD. Disconnect/reconnect the battery and see what happens. Just a thought...

L

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of times.. It only happen with MP3 cds I made with NERO. (computer program) I simply disconnected and reconnected the battery and pressed the eject button as soon as the radio power up. (RF HU) Spits right out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 with the Rockford Fosgate cd system and I am on my 3rd stereo by 36,000 miles. I have had the same problem with cd's not ejecting and my dealership just kept replacing the stereo with no explanations. Someone mentioned mp3 disks become jammed but I doubt it and my dealership denied it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts