Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to eventually replace the factory system, non RF, in my '10 cc. I plan on keeping the factory head unit so I know i will need a sound processor to restore a "true" signal. I was looking on tech12volts.com and noticed a cdt audio package he sells. I read some reviews and the products seem to be great. Anyone have them and care to shed some light. Also if not, can you recommend a setup. I'm not sure on the difference between coaxial and regular speakers or if I should run components since we have tweeter mounting locations. I'm new at the audio thing but am pretty technically inclined. I was thinking Infinity, JL, or Boston Acoustics if not the CDT. Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
76,982 Posts
I'm happy with mine. I got a front/rear package with the upstage upgrade on sale. (which was nice, because they can get pricey quickly :lol:) Components up front, coaxials in the back. With a decent amp, they'll please.

As far as other brands, your budget pretty much dictates that. :dunno:

And yes, a signal processor/booster is a bonus if one is sticking with the stock stereo.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Whenever I get around to my audio upgrade, I plan to keep my OEM non-RF head unit as well, I will have to convert the head unit to be able to run an EQ with at least 3 amps, because I wanna get 6.5" components for front replacements and rear doors, as well as a center dash 2 way speaker, boxed 8"s under both front seats, and ported boxed 12"s under the rear passenger seat... with an Amp Board behind the rear seat... at least thaz the dream for now...

·
Premium Member
76,982 Posts
If you're planning to build a involved custom system, I'd say just get a new head unit and not worry about the EQ or signal processor. You can always link amps for a signal, as most have pre-amp rca outs.

Hindsight tells me this, anyways. I only kept the OEM stereo because of the disc changer.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
If you're planning to build a involved custom system, I'd say just get a new head unit and not worry about the EQ or signal processor. You can always link amps for a signal, as most have pre-amp rca outs.

Hindsight tells me this, anyways. I only kept the OEM stereo because of the disc changer.
I wanna keep that too, as well as my existing DVD/Digital TV unit and MD overhead console monitor... I want to run 1 amp for doors and center speaker, 1 for the 8"s under front seats, and 1 for 12"s under rear seats... figure by passing the OEM head unit speaker out's through an EQ for the components and RE-Q for my bass... hhhhmmmm....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you get your package from? I was looking at tech12's website and didn't see an option for the upgrade.

·
Vendor
711 Posts
Where did you get your package from? I was looking at tech12's website and didn't see an option for the upgrade.
Call him or email him directly. I just bought a CDT package from components and coax rears for $220 shipped from him.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have CDT comps up front with the upstage kit. I have the main tweets mounted in the lower kick panels facing the front seats. Then the upstage tweets mounted in the A-pillars. This keeps the mids and highs within a reasonable distance so that you don't lose critical timing and open a "hole" in your sound output. I then have CDT coax's in the rear doors which are more of a fill location, but they are by far the best sounding coax I've ever heard.
The lows come from a Tech12Volt twin 10" sealed enclosure with RE subs. The only things in my truck that didn't come from James is my current head unit and my two amps. Only reason I didn't get them from him is because I already had them prior to being introduced to James. I'm actually about to order the new Kenwood DNX-6980 from him as well. If you need anything car audio, I absolutely recommend you call him before you go anywhere else. GOOD DUDE, good prices and crazy good service. It doesn't hurt that he sells top of the line products and has tons of talent.

Reactions: tech12volt

·
Premium Member
76,982 Posts
I have the 2" in the door and the 1" in the dash. I have their basic coaxials in the rear, which do sound pretty good, I'll agree. There's 40 pounds of subwoofers in a Tech box under the rear seat to round it all out nicely. :eyebrow:

·
Premium Member
76,982 Posts
I better stop reading this thread, it's gonna get me side tracked from my performance modding... :rofl:
:lol: I got sidetracked with audio first. I tackled performance mods after I was happy with my sound system. :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Cdt through James definitely. All my stuff except 1 amp and my subs were ordered from him and only because I didn't know about him at that time.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I x777th the tech12volt. I got my CDT set up from him and love it. Components up frotpnt with coax in rear door. He always helps with technical questoions. I have referred friends not even in Titans to him. Says a lot for the guy considering how far he is from Houston area

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
CDT makes GREAT speakers I've been using them for about 10 years. And yes if you have a king cab I'd spend more money on a better set of comps for the front and just use the coaxials for the rear (the CDT coaxials are pretty good) Also don't be afraid of the power ratings on these comps you can push them pretty good. I've got M6 mix, DRT-26 tweeters braxially mounted, and ES-01's in the A-pillars using the upstage crossover along with my 650's for the mains and I'm feeding them with an Arc Audio XXK-2500 amp. This amp is rated at 275W RMS per CH at 4 ohms. The rears I'm using an ARC XXK-2050 amp that's rated at 50x2RMS and they sound great.

If you're looking to keep your factory radio look into the re-Q. they work really well and you'll get a better sounding system then most of those cheap line out converters.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts