Nissan Titan Forum banner
12K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Antman 
#1 ·
I just wanted to know what you guys think of this. I have seen various installs for CB radios, but I wanted a cleaner look. Land vehicle Vehicle Center console Car Gear shift

See less See more
#2 ·
i like it alot!!! :)

#5 ·
excellent work. good job brutha looks good.

Reactions: Antman
#6 ·
I like it, the only thing I've got against it is you should have mounted the microphone bracket up higher. Other than that, good job man.

#7 ·
Wow that's a clean install!

You able to do a how to write up? I plan on putting a CB in the truck for this contract job starting in may..cell service doesn't work too well in the mountains LOL

Reactions: Antman
#8 · (Edited)
I can put something together probably tomorrow- There is a TON of room under the console . Basically you just cut a hole and slide it in. Luckily for me my dad has a computerized engraver and he made the trim plate for me. Here are some more pics of the system
Vehicle Car Technology Auto part Electronic device

Red Auto part Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle
This is where the cable enters the cab behind the left rear seat- factory grommet.

Center console Steering wheel Vehicle Steering part Auto part
I took this one to show the total depth

Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Hood Bumper
I used a "Dodge Ram" mounting kit because it worked best for my app- there are lots of mounting options though

Auto part Wheel Metal
This is the PA horn- It attatches nicely under the drivers bumper (to the left of the horn you see the back of the foglight bucket) . I attached a bolt to a factory threaded hole on a bumper support

You also need to mount an external speaker for the unit ( I put mine under the drivers seat) because the CB speaker is now in the console

Hope this helps???

#9 ·
Looks cool, but what keeps it in place?....
I run a FM radio but do desert running so my radio HAS to stay put!
I fabbed a aluminum plate to which the radio bracket attachs to and the whole thing drops into the center console...

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Man, that's some really nice metal work on your install- congrats! As far as what is holding mine in place- It is a really snug fit. I made the hole too small and gradually opened it up until I could just barely get it in there. Believe it or not the correct (my judgement) angle and depth just fell into my lap!
I purchased some epoxy sticks and I was planning on making some sort of a support wedge under the console and fabbing up a bracket as well, but you would be hard pressed to knock the thing outta there, so I left it as is.
PS- Where did you get the quick release clip for the power cord? Just what I need to complete my install...

#12 ·
No prob- I have been having a blast with mine- FCC rules definitely do not apply with the truckers on the road today. I get a good laugh everyday on the way to work- AND they always know where the cops are!

#13 ·
Man, that's some really nice metal work on your install- congrats! As far as what is holding mine in place- It is a really snug fit. I made the hole too small and gradually opened it up until I could just barely get it in there. Believe it or not the correct (my judgement) angle and depth just fell into my lap!
I purchased some epoxy sticks and I was planning on making some sort of a support wedge under the console and fabbing up a bracket as well, but you would be hard pressed to knock the thing outta there, so I left it as is.
PS- Where did you get the quick release clip for the power cord? Just what I need to complete my install...
Thanks...I believe I bought the mike clip at Radio Shack...What i didn't show you was a cool 2" cube external speaker, with 20 ft of cable. The cube fits perfect in one of the front cup holders but can be sat on the bed or cab to allow monitoring while outside...

#17 ·
Thanks alot! That is a Uniden Pro520XL- about $55 bucks @ CBworld.com. Highly recommend them- free shipping too! Uniden also makes a pro510 that has the same outside dimensions. It's about 10 bucks cheaper but doesn't have a PA feature. If you don't want that, it's a better deal...

:redblob"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.