Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to put a center console between the front seat of an XE truck? At first I liked the idea of the flip down seat thing, but it is kind of a PITA. I realize there would be a hole where the shifter goes, but I figure some plastic and a bandsaw and I should be able to plug it some how.

Only remaining question is where to get one...

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I haven't seen that done. But it is worth pursueing. Remember a couple things.

1. The Airbag Control is located on the floor at that location. It is under a plastic cupholder assembly that Nissan never utilized, except as a cover. Unbolt the center seat and you will see the famous hidden cupholder. It is a relic of the never produced Titan E model worktruck. The controller is sensitive to excessive vibration. One member set it off when he used an Impact Wrench inside the cab. Just an FYI. Normal handtools will not be a problem, but disconnect battery to be safe.

2. Since it is only about 4 bolts holding in the seat, consider what a custom made console assembly may do for you! Mounting would be easy. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually thinking of dropping a factory console in there. I figure I could make a coin dish or something to fit in the shifter hole. One guy on eBay (salvage dude) said he had one he would sell... if I wasnt picky... not sure what that means...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not having a console in the way makes it easy for the ladies to slide over for some hanky panky:upsidedow

·
Registered
7 Posts
Way old post I know but I was wondering if anyone has been able to do this? I have seen someone on CT do it and it looked nice. Any other takers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts