Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdee,

I decided to replace the center dash speaker in my 2007. To say this job was a PITA is an understatement. You have to remove the panel under the steering wheel, glove compartment, center console, shift-knob, radio-heater face plate then finally, pull out the main-center dash.. just to get to the speaker. Lots of plugs to release, good news is they go back fairly easily.

As things go, I could only find speakers sold "as a pair" available as a direct fit, now, leaving me with an extra one still new in the box. It's a "Kicker" 43CSC354 . 3 1/2" 4-ohm 90 Watt peak. I will take $20 for it shipped anywhere in CONUS. UPDATE... the speaker is SOLD SOLD SOLD..

My original center speaker developed a scratchy sound, especially if listening to voices, such as news etc.. I can tell you once I got it out, I can't believe how cheap and nasty these speakers are (I'll soon be replacing all the others in the truck!).

The difference in sound from the dash is now much cleaner, and louder. I can only imagine how much better the system will sound when I replace the other corner speakers and the door speakers..

I've attached a few pictures showing the old vs new...

If interested in this (single) speaker, send me a PM

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Howdee,

I decided to replace the center dash speaker in my 2007. To say this job was a PITA is an understatement. You have to remove the panel under the steering wheel, glove compartment, center console, shift-knob, radio-heater face plate then finally, pull out the main-center dash.. just to get to the speaker. Lots of plugs to release, good news is they go back fairly easily.

As things go, I could only find speakers sold "as a pair" available as a direct fit, now, leaving me with an extra one still new in the box. It's a "Kicker" 43CSC354 . 3 1/2" 4-ohm 90 Watt peak. I will take $20 for it shipped anywhere in CONUS. UPDATE... the speaker is SOLD SOLD SOLD..

My original center speaker developed a scratchy sound, especially if listening to voices, such as news etc.. I can tell you once I got it out, I can't believe how cheap and nasty these speakers are (I'll soon be replacing all the others in the truck!).

The difference in sound from the dash is now much cleaner, and louder. I can only imagine how much better the system will sound when I replace the other corner speakers and the door speakers..

I've attached a few pictures showing the old vs new...

If interested in this (single) speaker, send me a PM

Thanks,
I'm about to enter the twilight zone and try to replace that speaker. I missed this post before it was sold but found an ebay seller that will sell one of these instead of a pair but not as good of a price as yours. I'm also replacing every speaker I can. I've pretty much figured out you can't upgrade the crew-cab rear door tweeters as they are a simple tweeter on a bracket.

I'm going to 3D print support brackets for the L/R dash tweeters - and use these speakers (dash are 4 ohm)

Infinity REF-075TX 3/4 Inch Textile Dome Tweeters

I'm going to try adjusting this thingverse template for the mount so I can use the original push-pins to mount it:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2011491

For the front doors, You need to cut out a bit of the back of the plastic housing... then you can install something like this:

Infinity Kappa 693.11I 220W 6 x 9 Inches 3-Way Kappa Series Coaxial Speakers with Edge-Driven UTF Tweeters (2 OHM)

For the rear doors, I purchased 6.5" speaker adapters from Crutchfield and I'm going to install this:

Infinity Kappa 62.11I 150W 6.5-Inch 2-Way Kappa Series Coaxial Speakers (2 OHM)

Oh.. .and Crutchfield sells the adapters for the door speakers so you don't have to solder. For the front L/R you'll have to solder.

I'll try to post again if I can get the 3d mounts to work for the tweeters. I'm new to 3d =P

HTH,
Jeffrey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts