1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i could really use some help finding a center support bearing
I have an 08 1/2 titan 4x4
CC w/long box
it does not have the normal bearing that i believe has a 1.54 inside diameter , mine has 1.77 in diameter drive shaft P#37300 ZR40B
if anyone knows of a bearing for it or something i can use for it please let me know cant afford a new drive shaft

·
Registered
142 Posts
Are you talking about the front wheel bearings? Typically people replace them as a hub assembly. I would recommend the timken sp500703. $105 at rock auto. If that isn't what you are talking about let me know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just realized you are talking about the drive shaft. If you have a 4wd you shouldn't have center bearing assembly everything should be in your transfer case. Do you a bearing for the transfer case?

If that is what you need it looks like the part is 33160-8s010.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just realized you are talking about the drive shaft. If you have a 4wd you shouldn't have center bearing assembly everything should be in your transfer case. Do you a bearing for the transfer case?

If that is what you need it looks like the part is 33160-8s010.

yes it is 4 wheel drive i know its not suppose to have a center rear drive shaft bearing but it does.
it should look like P#37520-7S200 but the center is to tight at 1.54 in i need one that is 1.77 in.
this is an odd ball truck it is a half year truck

·
Super Moderator
161,492 Posts
Those early '08 trucks were mutts. They used up all the leftovers in the parts bin on them. I had a neighbor who had an '08 with an '07 grill and wheels. And that was just the visible differences.

·
Registered
142 Posts
This may be a silly siggestion but it may also be fairly cheap. If you clean off the bearing in that assembly you should be able to see a standard bearing number that you can just go to Napa and buy. The. Press the old bearing out and press new one in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the production date on the door jam
08-07
his may be a silly siggestion but it may also be fairly cheap. If you clean off the bearing in that assembly you should be able to see a standard bearing number that you can just go to Napa and buy. The. Press the old bearing out and press new one in.

i thought the same thing i even called Spicer to get the right bearing how ever they say they didnt make it and that the number isnt one of theirs. another tech told me its Nissan part only but Nissan dosent have that bearing listed .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i made a fix i bought an ANCHOR 6040 bearing and mount cut the rubber mount down to fit the housing and there you have a new center bearing !
Nissan told me today that i can only get this particular bearing by buying a complete drive shaft set up

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok i made a fix i bought an ANCHOR 6040 bearing and mount cut the rubber mount down to fit the housing and there you have a new center bearing !
Nissan told me today that i can only get this particular bearing by buying a complete drive shaft set up
I have the same truck and the same problem. How has your repair worked? Is it lasting?

·
Registered
1 Posts
IF you have the 4WD model, then you should need Nissan# 37522-ZR00A. The 2WD model is the one that uses the 37520-7S200...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you describe how you made the 2 parts fit? I have the same issue. Also where did you buy the new part?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all i could really use some help finding a center support bearing
I have an 08 1/2 titan 4x4
CC w/long box
it does not have the normal bearing that i believe has a 1.54 inside diameter , mine has 1.77 in diameter drive shaft P#37300 ZR40B
if anyone knows of a bearing for it or something i can use for it please let me know cant afford a new drive shaft
go to Mako Driveshafts part #37522-jr60a $49 I found after I had a new driveshaft made and paid big bucks. Nissan would not help me. I spent around 70 hours finding the part. No more Nissans for me. Horrible customer service!

·
Registered
5 Posts
This helped me! Thank you fit perfectly! MANY MANY MANY THANKS!!! Did not want to buy a whole new driveshaft
Glad that I was able to help. In my opinion there should be a class action lawsuit against Nissan. They made a product and have the wrong size center support bearing in it. The Center support bearing unit cannot be bought in the United States. Only replacing the Bearing and not the housing and the sleeve is possible. From what I’m told this bearing is used in the united kingdom. I end up having a drive shaft made at a limousine shop in New Jersey who makes them for limousines. Nissan would not help me. I have read were many many people have had this problem. When they made the truck they put the wrong size bearing in it. And Nissan refuses to help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you describe how you made the 2 parts fit? I have the same issue. Also where did you buy the new part?
From what I’m told the center support bearing assembly can only be bought in the United Kingdom. I contacted at least 12 parts department in the US and all said that Truck uses a .154 ID bearing. But it does not it’s a .177 ID. Nissan should have to pay to repair all these vehicles. They put a product out there that you cannot buy part for in the United States to fix it. You can only buy part of it. If the rubber sleeve inside the housing is tore up also, your only option is to buy a new driveshaft assembly which uses the .154 inside diameter bearing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts