Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my mechanic put salvage yard ring and pinion tow (3.36) gears in my 2008 4x4 Titan which came originally with 2.95 gears.(I still can't believe Nissan doesn't sell ring and pinion gears separately.)
Anyways, my mechanic told me that for Chevys, Dodges, Fords, Jeeps, and Toyotas, you just need to drive your truck to the dealership and ask them to reflash the ECU so cruise control and the speedometer will be right. I went to 2 dealerships and they said it can't be done. I contacted an UpRev dealer here in Houston, TX and they said it could be up to $200, and were not familiar with the process. Has anybody done this and how can I get this done. Any referrals would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I asked UpRev when they tuned the T to adjust the spedo for the bigger tire size they said they could not do it. Maybe gears are different

·
Super Moderator
161,700 Posts
Gears are different. With a gear change they basically take the whole map from a truck that had the gears you've installed and flash that whole map onto your ECU.

What you asked them if they could do involves manipulating a small part of the code that makes up the whole map. It's something I'm not even certain they've really cared to try to "crack" the code for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts