Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've searched and found some helpfull threads on this topic but didnt find the details im looking for.
I changed the oil @ 3000 in my titan today and figured i'd change the front diff. oil while im at it.
draining it wasnt a prob and found some nasty lookin stuff on the diff. cap.
My question is im not seeing were to fill the front diff. back up at? All im seeing is the drain plug and overflow hose on top .I must be overlooking it..can someone point me in the right direction so i have a vehicle to get me to work tomorrow? thank you so much

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
cbrrider said:
i've searched and found some helpfull threads on this topic but didnt find the details im looking for.
I changed the oil @ 3000 in my titan today and figured i'd change the front diff. oil while im at it.
draining it wasnt a prob and found some nasty lookin stuff on the diff. cap.
My question is im not seeing were to fill the front diff. back up at? All im seeing is the drain plug and overflow hose on top .I must be overlooking it..can someone point me in the right direction so i have a vehicle to get me to work tomorrow? thank you so much
It is on the passenger side of the diff. You have to remove guard on the bottom to see it. It will be a plug just like the drain plug. It will be toward the front.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks herb all done! next time ill use a gun to inject the oil, it was kinda a pain by hand. thanks for your reply now i dont have to drive my car in the snow tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
cbrrider said:
Thanks herb all done! next time ill use a gun to inject the oil, it was kinda a pain by hand. thanks for your reply now i dont have to drive my car in the snow tomorrow!
Yeah, it's kinda of a pain to get to.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Mine is about empty from a leak and need to get it to the dealer.What kind of fluid do I need to put back in it and can I get it at the local parts store?I'm a long way from my nearest dealer.Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts