Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6 in Fabtech lift (which I am learning to hate) anyways I can't get my sway broke loose. Bolts are seized and I stripped one. Got to get it loose to make room to get the strut out. My question is do I call nissan or fabtech and order 4 new bolts and start cutting them loose or can I just remove the 2 bolts holding the lca and will it swing down far enough to get the strut out?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
you dont have to take the sway bar completely off, just disconnect it from the LCA and swing it out of the way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right but I can't get it broke loose from the lca... I have two spots on each side with the "extension" from my lift and can't break either of them. (only tried the passenger)

·
Registered
620 Posts
I had the same exact problem when I installed my 5100's last week. Each bolt was either seized or rounded off from the last person who worked on it. I had to literally cut the shock in half on the passengers side to get it out and I was able to get the drivers side off but its too rounded to torque down so who knows how tight it is right now. needless to say I'll be ordering some new end links soon and it should be interesting trying to get the old ones off.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I believe if you lift both front wheels off the ground you should be able to get them out. Just be careful and use jackstands.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Depends on the grade of the bolts. Take them to your local hardware store and see if they can find a match. Either way, the sway bar is not a MUST have to drive. I took mine off about six months ago and couldn't be happier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts