Nissan Titan Forum banner

Cheap Way to get a new key made??

10K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  billaj 
I HATE not being able to copy these keys. I don't know why they do this. My truck came with 1 "normal" key and 1 "valet" key. The normal key works everything, the valet key will just do the doors and ignition, not glovebox, bedside storage, etc. Is this what everybody else got?

Who besides Nissan does this? (I haven't purchased a vehicle in awhile, maybe everybody does these days?)

What I usually do is just take the normal key to a locksmith and have them make a few copies, I figure at least I can use these to get in to retrieve the normal key if I lock the keys in the truck. Valet key stays at home for emergency loss of normal key, etc.

I bought it used with only 2500 miles, from a dealer. Original owner traded it on an '08 since the '07 didn't "match his boat" - must be nice.

They sold the truck to the original owner, but I don't think they got everything back from the guy. I guess I'm missing 1 normal key and a key fob too (even though I don't use those things).

I wonder if this is grounds for them getting me another key for free...wish I woulda known it at purchase time...

The normal key has a silver Nissan emblem, the valet key has a blacked out Nissan emblem - right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.