Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to buy a $400 tuner... I just want the low speed retardation gone. I thought my truck didn't have it, but the other day I attempted to leave a stoplight quickly so as to get in front of everyone else and get over into a lane I needed. I thought something was wrong with the truck, but then when the power kicked in at 40 I realized what was happening.

Are there any cheap ways to disable it?

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
You will have to buy a tuner to remove the WOT restrictions ..

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Look around for a used BullyDog PowerPup, which has been superseded by the newer GT version. That's the one I have and it'll remove the WOT (Wide Open Throttle) restrictions. You'll notice a HUGE difference with off the line power with this removed. All the tuners will do this so you don't have to use BullyDogs. That just the one I happen to have and know about.

·
Premium Member
58,289 Posts
Start a thread. Someone will have a used BD Power Pup for sale

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Start a thread. Someone will have a used BD Power Pup for sale
Can I remove the WOT restriction w/o changing anything else? Or do I have to upload an entire canned tune?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Can I remove the WOT restriction w/o changing anything else? Or do I have to upload an entire canned tune?
What would be the point in that if you have it you might as well go for the little bit of extra power it will give you... I love my superchips cortex....

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What would be the point in that if you have it you might as well go for the little bit of extra power it will give you... I love my superchips cortex....
I don't really trust canned tunes. I don't want to have to worry about how far they advanced the timing or how lean they have the AFR when it's 100 degrees outside and I'm towing 7000lbs.

I just want to be able to use the power the truck already has :eyebrow:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
the programmers come with like 5 tunes...one is a "tow mode." you're never supposed to tow anything when a performance tune is uploaded...ive run my cortex for 8 months with the 93 performance tune and a 3* timing advance with no pinging or problems.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the programmers come with like 5 tunes...one is a "tow mode." you're never supposed to tow anything when a performance tune is uploaded...ive run my cortex for 8 months with the 93 performance tune and a 3* timing advance with no pinging or problems.
Gotcha... I don't want to have to think about which tune I have the truck set on. I'm all for modding and tweaking things and have for years, but have no desire to mess with the programming on this truck other than to get rid of the WOT restriction.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
Haze has a cortex for sale ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts