Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts
I spoke with the guy about the wheel adapters. Since he had a crappy ITrader rating, I asked very very specific questions about fitment, hardware, and condition. Finally he told me they had broken studs. There is nothing about this in his ad. If I didn't ask, he wasnt going to bring it up. That is very dishonest. Especially when buying parts sight unseen.

I knew it was him when I read the first post, and am not suprised he did this to someone.

I spoke with the guy about the wheel adapters. Since he had a crappy ITrader rating, I asked very very specific questions about fitment, hardware, and condition. Finally he told me they had broken studs. There is nothing about this in his ad. If I didn't ask, he wasnt going to bring it up. That is very dishonest. Especially when buying parts sight unseen.

I knew it was him when I read the first post, and am not suprised he did this to someone.
I had a similar situation with a seller on here. He listed some Hella Black Magic lights for sale, and the only thing he disclosed was that he drilled a hole in the back for HID bulbs. He said I could just seal up the holes, and they would be good to go. When I bought the lights, a) the wiring instructions were gone (can't get them online), b) the black light covers were spray painted a gay color, c) the bulbs were just thrown in the box so naturally they were smashed by the time I received them, d) gasket maker was all over the lights, and e) the pieces that attach the lights to their mounting point were all bent.

Pissed didn't even begin to describe how I felt...

I am confused here........this is what Uprev says. Am I missing something?

I bought a Cipher system from another user, can I use it on my car?
Yes, Cipher is an non-licensed product and requires the cable to be used. As long as you have the cable, you can use Cipher on a supported vehicle.

I bought an Osiris system from another user, can I use it on my car?
Yes, the cable needs to be relicensed and you will receive one free base tune, and one free eTune update. All eTunes after that will need to be purchased separately. There is a $50 relicensing fee. Osiris only works on supported vehicles.

haha after reading the first post my first thought was him. Ive never heard of him messing with anyone, he did a 2* timing advance on my truck back in the fall at the new england meet. sucks dood good luck

Discussion starter · #26 ·
I am confused here........this is what Uprev says. Am I missing something?

I bought a Cipher system from another user, can I use it on my car?
Yes, Cipher is an non-licensed product and requires the cable to be used. As long as you have the cable, you can use Cipher on a supported vehicle.

I bought an Osiris system from another user, can I use it on my car?
Yes, the cable needs to be relicensed and you will receive one free base tune, and one free eTune update. All eTunes after that will need to be purchased separately. There is a $50 relicensing fee. Osiris only works on supported vehicles.
Yeah but to get it relicensed it has to be unmarried and contain Osiris which it would if it was unmarried. If not I will have to use the cable which automatically contains Cipher and upgrade it to Osiris which is an additional 300. I knew about the 50 and would rather pay it than an additional 300.

This is why all of us as buyers and sellers should try to remember and update iTrader ratings...

Sorry to hear about this OP, it sucks because it makes it harder for even the good people on here to sell things.

There is somethint to be said here:
If someone says something negative about you and you don't step up and defend yourself or correct them, Chances are they are saying the truth and you are hopping it goes away.
Makes you wonder why the seller has not come forward and addressed the bashing of his name if this is a misunderstanding. Shows malicious intent by the seller was involved.
my .2

Good luck bud, hope you get your funds back.

Reactions: nvs008 and ostaF
That is sad! Years ago, I sold an unused Under Drive Crank Pulley from the infamous WRP, but with a written warning to the buyer of doubts being raised on the TT Site. I wanted to ensure they had not missed the multiple post that existed already. All prior to the sale of course. Anything we sell, should be in very usable condition, and problems known up front.

No UpRev owner should be selling an unmarried cable without CLEARLY stating it will only be good for Cipher Data Logging. Whenever we have doubts, we need to stop and ensure we have all doubts erased prior to the transaction. We all learn the hard way somewhere in life, so don't beat yourself up on this forever. You are in good company, ahem :( .

If this is not resolved within the next couple of days, I would fully support the idea of you creating a Thread with his name in the title, and a list of complaints contained therein. We need to know this stuff.

I have bought many things through the Titan sites and been very pleased. One seller even offered to buy back what he sold me as soon as it arrived, even though I had no complaints. He must have had doubts that it wasn't quite as good as I may have thought it to be. I have to give him credit for that! Later, I wished I had shipped it back as I never used the item, but all was open and honest. Always get Pics! :)

Reactions: BBtruck
Discussion starter · #37 ·
That is sad! Years ago, I sold an unused Under Drive Crank Pulley from the infamous WRP, but with a written warning to the buyer of doubts being raised on the TT Site. I wanted to ensure they had not missed the multiple post that existed already. All prior to the sale of course. Anything we sell, should be in very usable condition, and problems known up front.

No UpRev owner should be selling an unmarried cable without CLEARLY stating it will only be good for Cipher Data Logging. Whenever we have doubts, we need to stop and ensure we have all doubts erased prior to the transaction. We all learn the hard way somewhere in life, so don't beat yourself up on this forever. You are in good company, ahem :( .

If this is not resolved within the next couple of days, I would fully support the idea of you creating a Thread with his name in the title, and a list of complaints contained therein. We need to know this stuff.

I have bought many things through the Titan sites and been very pleased. One seller even offered to buy back what he sold me as soon as it arrived, even though I had no complaints. He must have had doubts that it wasn't quite as good as I may have thought it to be. I have to give him credit for that! Later, I wished I had shipped it back as I never used the item, but all was open and honest. Always get Pics! :)
The sad thing is about him he's willing to have me send it back so he can unmarry it now because some miracle is allowing him access to his truck. I told him to send me the cash back first prior to sending him the cable, but he's already spent the money. So there's no way I'm getting anything. I hoped my dispute through paypal and him escalating it to a claim has locked his paypal down and no one else can get screwed. I've talked to paypal and they said it could take a month if I do get any money from paypal. Otherwise it is up to the seller if he wants to return the funds and I'm up craps creek se the DA already spent all the money that people have paid him. So no UpRev for me for a while. Poor truck I know it wanted to be tuned better than it was with the bdgt.

Before I'd even think of sending it back, he would need to post all details on this thread, and explain how he got access to his wrecked truck. Didn't the Insurance Company take Title by now? It would have to be running, for him to connect with the ECU. Lots of wrecked trucks don't. Not too trusting...

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.