Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One would think that the second time around there wouldn’t be issues. I’m starting to sour. So in addition to the climate controlled seat still not working as well as my wife’s 2013 Pathfinder, but better than my 2018 Titan, I now have a check engine light for an emissions issue. One would first think “fuel cap”. Me too. I tightened it and talked to the dealership about why the light hasn’t gone off. He said 3 key cycles. Ok I did that ( I’m talking real key cycles with at least 1/2 hour between cycles), the light is still on. So off to the dealership. I’m getting exhausted with this!
Sorry for the rant all. Nissan is making it real hard to stay loyal.
(For all that think this is NBD, just look back at my history with my 2018 before Nissan swapped it out for the 19)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
639 Posts
One would think that the second time around there wouldn’t be issues. I’m starting to sour. So in addition to the climate controlled seat still not working as well as my wife’s 2013 Pathfinder, but better than my 2018 Titan, I now have a check engine light for an emissions issue. One would first think “fuel cap”. Me too. I tightened it and talked to the dealership about why the light hasn’t gone off. He said 3 key cycles. Ok I did that ( I’m talking real key cycles with at least 1/2 hour between cycles), the light is still on. So off to the dealership. I’m getting exhausted with this!
Sorry for the rant all. Nissan is making it real hard to stay loyal.
(For all that think this is NBD, just look back at my history with my 2018 before Nissan swapped it out for the 19)

Who knows what it is just let us know...

Been driving mine like an animal.. Over 11k miles and nothing to complain about yet except for the noisy azz General Grabber tires..

Only thing they “grab” is your attention with all the clunky noise they make...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ouch man. Sorry about your luck. Let us know what it is and how it goes. You have an OBD2 reader to pull the code yourself?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, but that’s ok,It’s going to the dealer on Wednesday

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Looking forward to hearing it’s something simple and easily corrected. Good luck.
Clint

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Instead of having the dealer waste your time, you can always have the code read and a sheet printed out for free at autozone. Takes 5 minutes.
I know, but if it is a warranty issue, I will need to go to the dealership anyway. I have tread several times to reseat the gas cap and the light is still on. I just hope it is something simple, otherwise I might stop at a Toyota dealership on my way home.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know, but if it is a warranty issue, I will need to go to the dealership anyway. I have tread several times to reseat the gas cap and the light is still on. I just hope it is something simple, otherwise I might stop at a Toyota dealership on my way home.

I guess I just prefer being armed with something before going into the dealership. They can't backtrack and say "oh we reset the light for you" just to have it come back on in 1000 miles. In regards to it being major/minor: the check engine light is typically associated with emissions equipment... o2 sensors, EVAP, EGR, etc.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I just prefer being armed with something before going into the dealership. They can't backtrack and say "oh we reset the light for you" just to have it come back on in 1000 miles. In regards to it being major/minor: the check engine light is typically associated with emissions equipment... o2 sensors, EVAP, EGR, etc.
Fair enough, but my buddy owns the dealership. I know for sure his guys won’t try to pull one over on me.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Fair enough, but my buddy owns the dealership. I know for sure his guys won’t try to pull one over on me.

Lol well you should have said so from the get go

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Probably, but I try not to advertise it.

You mean if I was to say...Hey can your buddy get me a truck at a friends discount lol. I understand there are people that would try to take advantage of you and only be your friend because they want a Titan Nicky discounted

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Who knows what it is just let us know...

Been driving mine like an animal.. Over 11k miles and nothing to complain about yet except for the noisy azz General Grabber tires..

Only thing they “grab” is your attention with all the clunky noise they make...
Interesting observation. Mine are quiet.

Might be the road surfaces in your area more than anything. Different road surfaces produce different noises.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Interesting observation. Mine are quiet.

Might be the road surfaces in your area more than anything. Different road surfaces produce different noises.
Smooth...rough...u name it they are loud and each one has some degree of belt noise.

I noted the same on my XD until I threw on some Nitto Ridge Grapplers.. They were amazingly quiet and smooth for such an aggressive tread...

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is another one for the pet peeves thread. My CEL came on, but the DIC showed "no issues" the whole time. You would think it would know the CEL was on, and it would be really easy to show the code in the DIC as well (the JVC radio I added to my last ride would display OBDII codes onscreen - it's very easy). I drove 300km back to the dealer in limp mode only to find out that it was the MAF sensor that was loose and could have easily been fixed roadside. If the truck had shown me the code, I could have fixed it at the side of the road after looking up the code on the internet.

BTW - probably my own damn fault. I had checked the air filter the previous weekend and had probably disturbed the sensor. Enough time had passed though that I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is another one for the pet peeves thread. My CEL came on, but the DIC showed "no issues" the whole time. You would think it would know the CEL was on, and it would be really easy to show the code in the DIC as well (the JVC radio I added to my last ride would display OBDII codes onscreen - it's very easy). I drove 300km back to the dealer in limp mode only to find out that it was the MAF sensor that was loose and could have easily been fixed roadside. If the truck had shown me the code, I could have fixed it at the side of the road after looking up the code on the internet.

BTW - probably my own damn fault. I had checked the air filter the previous weekend and had probably disturbed the sensor. Enough time had passed though that I didn't put 2 and 2 together.
My truck isn’t in limp mode though. I wonder if it is the gas I’m putting in it?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, I just noticed that someone was getting their fuel tank replaced. I wonder if this has something to do with why my check engine light went on.? Cap not sealing, bad tank? Is it possible?

·
Registered
107 Posts
So, I just noticed that someone was getting their fuel tank replaced. I wonder if this has something to do with why my check engine light went on.? Cap not sealing, bad tank? Is it possible?

I'm getting my fuel tank replaced in my 17 PR for the "whistling while fueling up" issue. NTB19-049

But no CEL, just me not liking the extreme loud whistling sound every time I fuel up and all the funny looks from everyone else at the station... haha!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was just a thought. All I can say is thank god for the 100k warranty. But two trucks in a row having issues? I must have a dark cloud over my head somewhere.

Here is another thought I had about these trucks. This truck was manufactured in November of 18. That means this truck sat for almost one year as I took delivery on October 17th 2019. Since they are not selling well, I wonder if the trucks with issues are due to them sitting on dealer lots for so long. I don’t know. I’m trying to understand why I have had an 18 with many issues and now a 19 with an issue after only 2k miles on it. I may be over reacting because if the 18. This could just be a simple issue. God I hope it is a simple issue!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts