Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Check engine light came on today after comming home from ice fishing. Had to put the truck through roughly 10 inches of water that was on the ice and when I got home about 2hrs later, after turning the truck off and letting it sit for about 2hrs and then starting it back up, I noticed the check engine light was on which wasnt on when driving home. This happened before to me from pretty much the same situation but with deep snow again out ice fishing. I havnt gone to the dealership yet to have the code checked because last time this happened it turned off on its own.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if there are some tricks i can do to stop this from happening. Im assuming its a sensor getting water, ice or snow in it and causing it to throw a code.

thanks

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
I would let the Titan warm up and melt all that ice and see what happens. I know the backup sensors get all boogered up from ice on the inside of the bumper.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya the last time this happened the check engine light shut off on its own after a couple of days. I know I should go and see what sensor it is that is causing the light to come on and then try to figure out how to seal the sensor so its not so exposed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts