Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name's Brandon and I'm from the island of Kauai. I don't have a Titan, but I just picked up an 08 Pathfinder SE V8 4x4. I've visited Pathfinder forums, but they have very little members and no info on the 5.6 engine. I hope to learn a lot from the more knowledgeable members here.

I sold a 99 TRD SC 4Runner to get the Pathfinder, and I love the power of the V8. I was a little worried that the Pathfinder wouldn't be any quicker than the 4Runner due to the weight difference. I'm still breaking the V8 in, but it already feels quicker at part throttle. I have yet to take it off-roading, but I've heard good things about the 4.0 Pathfinder on the sand.

·
Registered
302 Posts
serturbo said:
My name's Brandon and I'm from the island of Kauai. I don't have a Titan, but I just picked up an 08 Pathfinder SE V8 4x4. I've visited Pathfinder forums, but they have very little members and no info on the 5.6 engine. I hope to learn a lot from the more knowledgeable members here.

I sold a 99 TRD SC 4Runner to get the Pathfinder, and I love the power of the V8. I was a little worried that the Pathfinder wouldn't be any quicker than the 4Runner due to the weight difference. I'm still breaking the V8 in, but it already feels quicker at part throttle. I have yet to take it off-roading, but I've heard good things about the 4.0 Pathfinder on the sand.
Kauai !What up braddah!Welcome to TT. Hey I graduated from Kapaa High school.

·
Registered
217 Posts
serturbo said:

Welcome Brandon (do you stay in the west side?) & what's up boya544 :) ...Small world..I am also from Kauai..You joined a great forum...There are a lot of knowledgeable members here that you can get valuable info/tips from...Welcome aboard.....

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Good thing you aren't on Molokai.
You would have to slow down.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aldaman said:
Welcome Brandon (do you stay in the west side?) & what's up boya544 :) ...Small world..I am also from Kauai..You joined a great forum...There are a lot of knowledgeable members here that you can get valuable info/tips from...Welcome aboard.....
Wassup, looks like I work right across from where you live. I work in the Puhi Industrial Park. I live on the south side.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hey! I'm in Montana! ...... >* insert chirpping crickets *< :lookaroun

·
Registered
116 Posts
yeeeah! more local bruddahs on hea. hilo here.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
wassup braddah, showin some alohaz from oahu. howz the 5.6 in the pathfinder. i was trying to convice my girlfriend to buy that. actually i really want her to get a armada, but shes afraid to drive one, so i figured a pathfinder would be ideal.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like it. Very difficult to find. Most dealers on Oahu were only bringing in 4x2s. New City special ordered a 4x4 for me. I was surprised. They didn't even require me to purchase it. They just said they would order one and if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have to buy it.

I actually replaced my 99 TRD SC 4Runner. I wanted something with more room, power and better brakes. The V8 Pathfinder covers all the bases. With 700 miles on the odo, I already took it to the track. 14.98 was my best time. Also took home first place in Street class.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sup from Kona. Contrats on the new ride, and the good times at the track.

·
Registered
61 Posts
serturbo said:
I like it. Very difficult to find. Most dealers on Oahu were only bringing in 4x2s. New City special ordered a 4x4 for me. I was surprised. They didn't even require me to purchase it. They just said they would order one and if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have to buy it.

I actually replaced my 99 TRD SC 4Runner. I wanted something with more room, power and better brakes. The V8 Pathfinder covers all the bases. With 700 miles on the odo, I already took it to the track. 14.98 was my best time. Also took home first place in Street class.
solid, thats the same place where i bought my titan. she had a 4runner to but a 94. she had to get rid of it, and now shes taking over her mom's xterra. she hates it though, so hopefully i can convince her to get the pathfinder. since the pathfinder is bigger than the xterra, and looks better...plus it also has a 5.6, i would like to drive it. thanks for the info...alohaz

1 - 20 of 23 Posts