Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I decided on which muffler I'm gonna get. Does anyone know the Cherry Bomb Extreme part number that will be a direct bolt on for the Titan? Also, does anyone know the cheapest place to order, because I'm just gonna weld it on myself.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Megw3788 said:
Think I decided on which muffler I'm gonna get. Does anyone know the Cherry Bomb Extreme part number that will be a direct bolt on for the Titan? Also, does anyone know the cheapest place to order, because I'm just gonna weld it on myself.
This wont be any help probably but my friend bought a cherrybomb muffler for his explorer and got it for like 20$ at an autozone and we just tightened the crap out of it with some clamps

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I had one put on my titan a while back but they made me a y piece after it for duals.. But i think they only come about 22' long.. U might have to just mark and cut ur existing pipe to fit it in.. An like stated above you can get them at autozone for like 20 bucks.. Thats what i payed for mine.....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah are you guys talking about the red, straight, round mufflers shaped like the exhaust pipe but larger? Those are the only ones I've seen at auto stores. Matter of fact I used to have one on my old F250.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Megw3788 said:
Yeah are you guys talking about the red, straight, round mufflers shaped like the exhaust pipe but larger? Those are the only ones I've seen at auto stores. Matter of fact I used to have one on my old F250.
My friends was shaped more like a flat oval shaped muffler, If it was my opinion id wait it out and save for a real exhaust system, not saying cherybomb isnt a real one but i mean something like the jba exhaust which is what most of the people would rather or a different muffler like a flowmaster or something, If you have a certain spending limit on an exhaust post about it and people would be able to tell you what the best exhaust is for the $. Alot of the ppl think the jba is.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dom249 said:
My friends was shaped more like a flat oval shaped muffler, If it was my opinion id wait it out and save for a real exhaust system, not saying cherybomb isnt a real one but i mean something like the jba exhaust which is what most of the people would rather or a different muffler like a flowmaster or something, If you have a certain spending limit on an exhaust post about it and people would be able to tell you what the best exhaust is for the $. Alot of the ppl think the jba is.
Well people go with those exhausts for performance, which is not something I'm concerned about because it isn't a noticeable enough difference for me to waste money on. Not to mention, I don't really like the sound of any of the catback's aside from the Banks, and I plan on getting true duals sometime in the near future so this is basically something to sound good for now. And I can use the muffler when I get the duals. There aren't any dyno's I'm aware of that show any performance gains for a muffler swap, and I can't imagine there being much of a diference with just a muffler swap. Maybe a few HP, which is relatively nothing in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for the suggestions and input guys!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks but I already heard those, as a matter of fact that's why I chose the cherry bomb. lol. Thanks anyways good lookin out!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Megw3788 said:
Well people go with those exhausts for performance, which is not something I'm concerned about because it isn't a noticeable enough difference for me to waste money on. Not to mention, I don't really like the sound of any of the catback's aside from the Banks, and I plan on getting true duals sometime in the near future so this is basically something to sound good for now. And I can use the muffler when I get the duals. There aren't any dyno's I'm aware of that show any performance gains for a muffler swap, and I can't imagine there being much of a diference with just a muffler swap. Maybe a few HP, which is relatively nothing in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for the suggestions and input guys!:cheers:
They run the dynos all the time at Stillen Day Meets, it helps sell their cat backs.

·
Registered
785 Posts
A Magnaflow is a glorified glasspack/cherry bomb muffler i was told by an exhaust shop who has been in business for over 35 years, same design inside, but Magnaflow throws the bells and whistles (tone modifier, nicer body) thats what i was told.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hey i know this might be a little late but do you know if that titan with the cherry bomb still has his resonators on his truck? cus mine are off with a flowmaster and my truck is the loudest titan that ive heard

·
Registered
20 Posts
YOU HAVE NOT HEARD LOUD BUD. I HAVE AN 08 WITH TRUE DUAL EXHAUST, WITH ONLY THE STOCK CATS. NO MUFFLERS! RUNNING STRAIGHT OUT THE BACK. AND LET ME TELL YA SHE BARKS REAL NASTY:gunz: :futwice:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
YOU HAVE NOT HEARD LOUD BUD. I HAVE AN 08 WITH TRUE DUAL EXHAUST, WITH ONLY THE STOCK CATS. NO MUFFLERS! RUNNING STRAIGHT OUT THE BACK. AND LET ME TELL YA SHE BARKS REAL NASTY
IS IT SO LOUD YOU HAVE TO YELL??...turn off the caps, my ears hurt...:gunz:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts