Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This forum and several other sources have praised Chevron Supreme oil performance. I want to run 5w-30 and have not been able to locate any at the big auto parts retailers (Auto Zone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly's etc.), Walmart, Sams, and others. I've searched the net and could not find any. I went to a large Chevron station and they only had 5 quarts. When I asked them if they had any more in the back they said no. Has anyone on this planet (or any other planet for that matter) been able to find Chevron Supreme 5w-30? Sometimes I think it would be easier to find the Loch Ness monster.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
This forum and several other sources have praised Chevron Supreme oil performance. I want to run 5w-30 and have not been able to locate any at the big auto parts retailers (Auto Zone, Pep Boys, O'Reilly's etc.), Walmart, Sams, and others. I've searched the net and could not find any. I went to a large Chevron station and they only had 5 quarts. When I asked them if they had any more in the back they said no. Has anyone on this planet (or any other planet for that matter) been able to find Chevron Supreme 5w-30? Sometimes I think it would be easier to find the Loch Ness monster.

Thanks,

same here in TN no 5w-30 anywhere, not sure why. i have also heard how good the uoa reports were on the chevron but i only see 10-30 and 10-40 so does anyone know whats going on with the 5w-30 chevron

·
Registered
823 Posts
10W-30 should be fine unless you live in an extremely cold climate. Check your local Costco, BJ's and Sam's, I remember one of those carrying lots of Chevron oil.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Just to add a little more info, according to Chevrons site the 5W-30 has a pour point of -33F, the 10W-30 is -31F. So there shouldn't be much difference if any even in cold climates.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
JetForeman said:
10W-30 should be fine unless you live in an extremely cold climate. Check your local Costco, BJ's and Sam's, I remember one of those carrying lots of Chevron oil.

There are no Costco or BJ's in north Louisiana. We have Sam's but they sell only Castrol, Pennzoil, and Havoline.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Trapper L and others for the info. It's nice to know that every once in a while I solve my own problems. Most often I am the cause of the problems I have.

·
Registered
230 Posts
JetForeman said:
I found it at COSTCO in MD for $23.33 per 6 quart box.

I thought in another post people were saying not to use Synthetics in the Titans, which Chevron 5w-30 is? Am i mistaken?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sabre66 said:
I found it at COSTCO in MD for $23.33 per 6 quart box.

I thought in another post people were saying not to use Synthetics in the Titans, which Chevron 5w-30 is? Am i mistaken?
For the price it better be synthetic which is exactly what you don't want. Chevron Supreme or Havoline should be around the $1.25 qt range. It can be had at the local Wally World here for $1.17 qt. You might also try looking in the yellow pages for the nearest Chevron distributor, they will usually sell to anybody.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts