Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the factory 20's on the Avalanche and Tahoe LTZ's fit our Titans? I've heard yes and no.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I don't know if they would fit or not but... I have a set for sale! They are the 20" polished chrome upgrades. Just incase you were looking!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price? Pics? Obviously, I still need to find out if they will fit or not. I believe the lug pattern is the same, but I've seen different info regarding the offset and lug diameter.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
The bolt pattern is the same, 6 on 5.5", but that's about all I know.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Maybe this info might help!

My cousin has my Off Road package wheels/tires on his 07 Tahoe right now.
No problems whatsoever!

So I don't see a reason why the Chevy's won't fit the Titans bolt pattern

·
Registered
390 Posts
In a 20" they will fit, its when you have 17/18" wheels you have to worry more about rotor clearence etc... the only problem you'll have is getting rid of that ugly gold bowtie...lol:domohit:

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Make sure the hub bore on the chevy rims isn't too small. I tried to get a set of chevy take offs a while back and they wouldn't fit over the hub.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Stock 20" Chevy wheels are 20x8.5" with 31mm offset and 78.1mm hub
Our Titan's stock 18" wheel is an 18x8 with a 25mm offset 77.8mm hub

That said, the chevy wheels outer lip should be 1/4" out more than the stock 18" Titan wheels and will tuck another 1/4" under the truck. (someone correct me if my math is wrong)

Based on that I would say yes, they should work but you need to test fit for break clearance.

As for lug details. Titans use a 12x1.25mm thread pitch, Chevy's use a 14x1.5mm thread pitch. The chevy lugs will not fit our trucks and you need to see if our Titan lugs seat in the wheel correctly. You might need to buy a special set of lugs.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info. One thing I forgot to mention is that I already have the Nissan 20's as they came standard on my 2008 LE. I just like the looks of the polished 20's from the Tahoe and Avalanche better and I think they would look good on my majestic blue Titan (minus the bowtie, of course).

Too bad Nissan doesn't offer the standard 20" with a polished finish.

·
Registered
235 Posts
giffordt said:
Thanks for all the info. One thing I forgot to mention is that I already have the Nissan 20's as they came standard on my 2008 LE. I just like the looks of the polished 20's from the Tahoe and Avalanche better and I think they would look good on my majestic blue Titan (minus the bowtie, of course).

Too bad Nissan doesn't offer the standard 20" with a polished finish.
There are places that can polish them for you I've seen a few people do it but not with a titan wheel.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If the Chevy wheels are "hub centric" they will not work on the Titan because the hub is a different diameter(as already posted) But if they're "lug centric", then they just might...
I would do a test fit first before laying out the sawbucks...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I am out of town until Friday. If you are still interested in the wheels let me know and I can take some pictures and maybe someone can tell you if they will work or not. PM me, that will be easiest. Thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
loufish said:
If the Chevy wheels are "hub centric" they will not work on the Titan because the hub is a different diameter(as already posted) But if they're "lug centric", then they just might...
I would do a test fit first before laying out the sawbucks...
We're talking 1.1mm here and as the chevy hub is larger, they will fit over the nissan hub.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
We're talking 1.1mm here and as the chevy hub is larger, they will fit over the nissan hub.
I knew the Chevy hub was larger(but didn't know by how much) and it would wind up being a lug centric fit in the end...
Thanks...

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
The stock titan lugnuts work on the 16" 2003 Chevy steel wheels that i have my DR's mounted on. The alloy 20's may not have the room for the titan lugs wide shoulder to clear, just get some aftermarket tapered seat lugs for a titan they are smaller in dia. than the stock lugs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts