Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Chicago (April 1, 2011), just moved up from the Orlando, FL area. Having a Titan in the city is miserable, but hilarious to me. Just wanted to know if there are any other members in the area and if anyone has any advice.

My contribution:

Shannon Glinski @ Mid City Nissan (on Irving Park Rd near the Expressway) is awesome. Totally helped out with getting my manifolds changed out under warranty, a bunch of other warranty and insurance work. Great guy, great service. I highly recommend!

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
There's only a few Chicago area forum members. Get your rear shackles replaced before they break and launch through your truck bed, and replace your rear OEM exhaust section. Make sure your rear axle vent breather turns freely and moves up and down a 1/16". Also, make sure all your recalls were done.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Welcome to the Windy City. I am next door to Midway Airport myself. That I have seen there is two other Titans near me but they are not on the site.

Other than that, I personally wouldn't get cozy with the guys at Star Nissan. I have some respect for the the guys at Kelly Nissan in Oak Lawn but Mid City, they tried to pull a fast one over me with their "Managers Special"
explanation:
If you can't afford the high price for service, it appears the more you back off the more they have managers specials to help you out. Not my cup of coffee charging one thing and seing if you bite, if not they drop lower each time like they are doing you some kind of favor.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I've only been to Kelly Nissan and Orland Park Niissan for warranty and recall service. Kelly is much better than Orland IMO. I bought my Titan at Bill Kay Nissan in Downers Grove, but never had any work performed there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought an Altima from Mid City and after going there for service once or twice I stopped. That place seemed really shady to me (similar experience to Oscar).

I had the Altima serviced numerous times at Bill Kay in Downers Grove. I thought they did an awesome job and would definitely recommend them.

Oh, and I used to live in the city, but now reside in NWI. The Titan was not purchased until well after the relocation. I can't imagine it in the city...

·
Registered
35 Posts
One other note, watch the window tint in Chicago. My Altima was 20% on the front and 5% in the rear. Over the course of about 1.5 years I had racked up six or seven tint tickets. And, in Illinois, if they want to they can charge you with a misdemeanor for tint violation. I pulled the tint off the front windows to avoid a criminal record. Chicago cops don't fool around when it comes to tint (neither do the Illinois state troopers).

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
i'll be up there for school in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't imagine it in the city...
it's about as miserable as you imagine. i never realized how HORRIBLE the turning radius is on this truck...but whatever. I always win the showdown on narrow streets/alleys when head on with a (always) smaller vehicle. Level or a small lift and 295/60/20's or 295/70/18's should make things exponentially worse/more awesome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts