Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 King Cab Off-Road.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking for some advice. My kid just turned 2, so I was flipping the car seat to face forward in my king cab, and well it didn't seem right. Due to the stance of the seat and the back wall, it creates a huge space between the car seat and back cushion. From searching around, it seems that Nissan has made a list of car seat fitments: https://www.nissanusa.com/snugkids/manuals/assets/pdfs/snugkids-english/2016/nissan-titan-king-cab.pdf, but of course it doesnt get updated with new models from the car seat manufacturers.
I tried to search for photos on the site of other members car seat fitments, to see if other owners are dealing with the same thing. But it seems like most discussions are older and photos aren't pulling up. (Most advise is also to get a CC, which is not a option at this time.)

So I guess, I'm asking to see photos of forward facing car seats in the back of the King Cab and what car seat model it is, or if you have a car seat reccomendation that will fit.

Thanks all

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a car seat in my 2017 CC but I know that doesnt help you. In fact i wanted a King Cab but opted for CC specifically because i knew the car seat and hauling people would be less spacious. Can you post pics of how yours is placed now?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Had a Graco 4ever seat in mine before I sold it. I don't think it fit flush against the back seat, but as long as you've got the anchors down and it feels solid you're good. I did not use the latch system, used the shoulder belt and the anchor on the back wall.

·
Registered
2004 King Cab Off-Road.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a photo. The seat is not fully buckled in. From my understanding, the base needs to sit flush to the seat and you cant use anything, like a towel, to lift, which you can when the seat is reverse facing.

I can return this child seat, as I bought from Costco. And I'm just looking for something basic, as the nice seat is in my wife's car.

Main concern is projection/overhang of seat. Do all car seat models in the king cab project like this? (I haven't tried to see how the unit from my wife's car fits)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Mine wasn't even close to that. Can you loosen the top anchor to allow it to sit closer to the back of the seat? I always do the shoulder belt first to secure the seat to the truck seat bottom, then the top anchor to make sure it doesn't lean forward.

That doesn't look like a King Cab/Crew Cab issue. Just need to get the seat placed correctly.

·
Registered
2004 King Cab Off-Road.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah. I think it maybe the child seat. It only has 1 recline, forward facing setting.
I uninstalled and installed, seat belt and latch, but still the base is not flush at the rear. About 1.5 inch.

I'm going to remove the seat from my wife's car to see if that unit fits better...

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 King Cab Off-Road.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Other unit. Install feels solid also.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
After adjusting your seat it looks to fit a lot better. That small gap isn't an issue as long as the seat is secure front to back and side to side. Typically when they're placed in the seat it will reduce that gap even more.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Did your car seats not have those double hooks that connect to the bottom of the seat? That’s how we connected ours when I had a king cab and even in my crew cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts