Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a gforce chip online i was skeptical got it installed it and to my amazement got an extra 120 miles out of my tank around 5 mpg.Someone on here said take it out you will blow your motor.My question is whats the difference between a chip and a programmer all this gforce is is a little unit that taps in to the air sensor on intake and makes a huge difference in power and makes me get 17 mpg around town doesnt the programmer like uprev do the same thing?Dont they all lean it out a bit? Please any info would be appreciated i took it out for now untill i get more info definately dont wanna blow my motor thanks!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
There are no chips for a Titan, just programmers. I'd like to see pictures of what this thing actually looks like. Also, what are the specs on your truck?

·
Registered
215 Posts
'cept these resistors/chips don't lean it out. They richen it up. So I'm really skeptical about your supposed 17MPG results unless that's on the highway and just about where a stock Titan would be.

These "big-power" boxes do nothing but alter the hotwire (output) signal from the MAF which makes the ECU think that the air coming in is colder then it really is. By doing this the ECU adds more fuel. Depending on the already existing atmospheric conditions the ECU could also take the load map a step up and could increase timing a tad. But the ECU is INFINITELY smarter than a small resistor and will learn around it and bring all parameters back to 100% OEM making the resistor obsolete.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That looks like the SLR chip that does not work with my 2011. Not sure if they work or not. I am leary of any business that does not list tech support or have forums. If nobody here has one, chances are they really don't work...

·
Super Moderator
37,253 Posts
all the "chips" are are simple resistors ... <<< RIP OFF >>>

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds to me like MR. 4 post pickconst is affiliated with this company. There is no way this rip off added 120 miles to a tank and even saying that is an insult to TT'ers intelligence. Sounds to me like you are here trying to push this product and I'm not buying it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
hey bud i asked a simple question and still noone has answered me i could care less if anyone on here thinks it doesnt work i live in ct when truck was new and stock went to vt on just under half a tank with this thing installed that cost me 70 bux i went there 2 weeks ago same driving style on a qtr tank so like i said it makes no difference to me if someone gets it or not i was asking if it would blow my engine or not and whats the difference between that and a programmer thats all you must of mis understood what i was asking how woul;d mr 4 post be trying to push a product when i was inquiring if it would blow my motor or not?

·
Super Moderator
37,253 Posts
All you have to do is Google gforce and you will see a Long list of people say, ITS A RIP OFF ...

Will it blow your motor? Well, most likely it will not but there are problems with how this "chip" works and what it does to the sensor. However, it will most likely do nothing.

Reactions: ostaF

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Sounds to me like MR. 4 post pickconst is affiliated with this company. There is no way this rip off added 120 miles to a tank and even saying that is an insult to TT'ers intelligence. Sounds to me like you are here trying to push this product and I'm not buying it.
hahahahaha... that's the first thing that came to mind after reading the 1st post.

hey bud i asked a simple question and still noone has answered me i could care less if anyone on here thinks it doesnt work i live in ct when truck was new and stock went to vt on just under half a tank with this thing installed that cost me 70 bux i went there 2 weeks ago same driving style on a qtr tank so like i said it makes no difference to me if someone gets it or not i was asking if it would blow my engine or not and whats the difference between that and a programmer thats all you must of mis understood what i was asking how woul;d mr 4 post be trying to push a product when i was inquiring if it would blow my motor or not?
that is one looooong @ss sentence ^^^

google "gforce chip legit" and read up.

what's posted on tons of other forums confirms what rob and gene stated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts