Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got hooked up with the 2 degree thing today,(thanks Nick (Blue Water Rush), More then I hoped for, Had to back off the first time I stomped it-- very pleasant surprise, How can a small increase in timing have such an effect, I have no idea, but I'm lovin it!

·
Registered
179 Posts
haha right on! Just out of curiousity - Do you normally drive miss daisy around town, or hot rod? Some members complained little to no increase by the 2* and I'm curious if its because of driving behavior? (Didn't notice any other posts with an answer to why either). Somethin else I haven't found a straight answer on... did you change fuel or still runnin 87?

I just stopped at a local shop to find out if they could do it. After I explained to the service manager it wasn't an aftermarket part, but a computer adjustment and I could pull directions up for him right NOW on myphone, he said he'd do it -- Tomorrow. He was too backed up with work. I told him its about a 5-10 minute job and how much would he ask for it. $75 for computer work... ouch. I think I'll keep shoppin around!

Glad you like it - Have fun!

Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hi Mike, Most of my driving is around town, but I always try to punch it every chance I get just to keep the ecu awake. This is the way I've always driven it , I have always broken my new rides hard from the get go ( blew a rod out of the side of a 72 Eldorado the first nite I bought it )) just my personal IMO. Have always burned 87 , no changes there,but even with those big 22's, it is much stronger,-------------Where the hell is that
Ford turbo diesel ,I feel like playin tonite---Try to find somebody local with the cipher software, Nick only charged me 20 bucks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
biggtone said:
Have always burned 87 , no changes there,but even with those big 22's, it is much stronger,-------------Where the hell is that
Ford turbo diesel ,I feel like playin tonite---Try to find somebody local with the cipher software, Nick only charged me 20 bucks.
Dude, take it to the track with some 91 octane in the tank! I did and even in the 95* weather here I picked up 2mph in the traps and 1/10 quicker ET, my best ET was last November here @ 55*. Come fall I know the ET will only get better. Excellent mod and definitely the most noticeable on the butt dyno compared to my other mods. Congrats man!

BTW I stomp on my truck quite frequently, especially with this mod

·
Registered
179 Posts
Theres other drivers out there like me! Good to hear this benefits the driving style I do. I was affraid it might not have.

Go chase that ford down!

Mike

·
Registered
319 Posts
you know when I first did my timing advance, I also did the active tuning ground wire kit and I swear I really did feel a difference. Seemed a lot more peppy to me and responsive. at the same time it might be all in the head but Im with you and I think its awesome and worth it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i need more info so i can get this done to my truck by the local shop here! any sites or somthing i could maybe print out to show them?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
On Consult II,
Warm up vehicle.
*On CONSULT 2 screen choose
ENGINE
*After communication with Convertor will display a bunch of choices.
*Press
WORK SUPPORT
*See more choices, press
TARGET IGN TIMING
*Press
UP x2 for 2 degrees, correction which you should be able to see.
*Press
UPDATE.
*Now press
BACK
*On the menu screen find
IDLE AIR VOL LEARN.
*Press, and perform to correct your idle since you just raised it 75rpm with
timing advance

*** Page 74 under “Engine Control” in the Titan Service manual gives tolerances allowed within factory specifications of 15* +/- 5*

·
Registered
277 Posts
so thats all i need lead?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
TitanGixx said:
so thats all i need lead?

That's all you need for the dealer. It should only take 5 minutes to input.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts