Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh man. Dream come true. Wanted a truck since I was a young boy. A Titan is in my future.

I ALMOST pulled the trigger on loaded 4x4 2005 Crew with 23K miles today. Had the big tow, which I'm seeing is hard to find on other used Titans. Dealer came down to $19K, which I thought was reasonable, with the Nissan certified used car warranty...

Until I came here and saw that new Titans are going for right around $20K for some on the forum. Is that right?

Let Me Reverse Engineer the Question

I need a part time pull vehicle. Probably won't see more than 8K miles a year, very likely 5K or less. Want 4x4. Budget of 10K-20K. Might go slightly over 20K if loaded and NEW.

So other than the '05 I mentioned, I'd like to post up a few used Titans I'm considering. All are 4x4.

2006 King Cab 42K for $17,990 Dash pic shows tranny temp so for the year so I 100% know it's got the 3:36 gears (right?)

2004 King Cab 108K for $12,995 Looks like a Big Tow

2005 King Cab 56K for $17,995 Big Tow likely

2005 CREW Cab 56K for $16,995 Not sure about big tow

or....

2008 KING Cab LONG bed 100% non-tow $17,995 with only 16K miles

Other facts.

Current trailer is bumper pull at 4500lbs loaded. Want to upgrade to smaller fifth wheel in future.

Long bed very attractive as I want to add a slide in camper for my travels—mad cheap ones on craigslist (several under $1K near me) but only for 8' beds. Any ideas for cheap-o slide ins for the short beds?

2004/2005 Build Issues. Holy crap, worried about the brakes and rear end issues. How can I tell if a 2004 had the brake recall job done at all/properly? If I go in for a higher priced truck with payments I will be put the heck out for a $3500 rear-end job, if that happened. Better to get a NON BIG TOW with low miles/factory warranty or a BIG TOW with high miles, out of warranty?

Other mods will be 18-20" Moto Metal 951's, no taller than 33's", no more than a 3" lift if at all, intake, maybe exhaust, murdered out if I get a black one, and fancy pre-runner type front bumper.

Thanks so much for all the help; I will be on this board daily. What to choose?!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Go with Non-Tow and replace the diff?

Another option I've thought about is picking up a used non-tow and replacing the diff with the TruTrac I've seen talked about. That plus a class IV hitch, a tranny temp gauge, a brake controller, and some extended mirrors would get me my 9500lbs, right?

Hit me up guys. I'm dying here! Going to throw down some money in the next couple of days.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,139 Posts
If your even thinking of a 5th wheel, you should probably get the long bed. Titans are getting scarce on the dealer lots. Good deals can still be found, just don't settle on something that won't do the job. Get one equipped to tow out of the box. Good luck on the search!!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like it's going to be the original 05 Crew. Smoke. 27K miles.

Let you know after pickup on Wednesday. Taking the day off to play with the new toy.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Dam, 27k on an 05, Im at 26k an im an 08, that's pretty sweet man!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
20,809 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts