Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
had them dipped ,they looked great but the salt here in the northeast ate them up in 2 years

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man that's exactly what I wanted! They look awesome. I've seen several Ppl do it with different stocks, some looked good others were like cheap ghetto hubcaps. The salt up there drives me nuts!!! I lived in CT for a year and a half cus my fiancé is from there and being from Louisiana it took alot of getting use to. But we are planning on moving back in about 5 years.

·
Registered
542 Posts
had them dipped ,they looked great but the salt here in the northeast ate them up in 2 years
How did you get the plastic center cap chromed?

I have the OE chrome 6 spokes, and my center caps are just gray plastic, like the ones used on the painted units.

I am interested to hear how much it cost though, because I'm going to have to have mine redone at some point. The crappy factory chrome is coming up on the inside barrel of the wheel.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think i paid $400 ,but had to pay like $100 for shipping because back in 04 the only place i found was in california.

The center caps came chromed stock in 04 i believe.
Just pop them off and hit them with some plastic primer and chrome spray paint

·
Registered
542 Posts
I think i paid $400 ,but had to pay like $100 for shipping because back in 04 the only place i found was in california.

The center caps came chromed stock in 04 i believe.
Just pop them off and hit them with some plastic primer and chrome spray paint
So, in stock form your painted 6-spokes had chrome center caps?

That's crazy. My 2004 has the chrome 6-spokes, but my center caps are painted, not chrome. I'd love to have the caps in chrome, but I didn't even think they were available, since if they were they'd have already been on my wheels from the factory.

Go figure...

Crazy you had to go clear out to CA for chrome work. I live in a metro area like 1/30th the size of the NYC metro, and I know of a couple of local chrome operations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts