Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have two questions. One how can I tell that the truck I bought has covers or factory handles. Second is where can I buy the door handles individually at? Please help

·
Registered
686 Posts
Are your current handles chrome but you are unsure if they are just covers or pure chrome? If they are either one, why would you want new ones?? Or if you find they are just covers you wan to buy the pure chrome ones?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay my current handles are chrome and iam not sure if they or covers or pure chrome. The reason I need a new driver side handle is the chrome is bubbling up and where the key hole is the chrome has been almost completely scratched off from previous owner.And yes if they are covera I would like to know where to get the pure chrome.

·
Registered
686 Posts
What year is the truck?? VIN# would be helpful too....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ok they are just chrome plated plastic...like the grill. You can go to any nissan dealer and get them. They are very easy to remove as well. When you open your door there is a little plug that hides a bolt. The bolt stays in place after you unscrew it. The little part of the handle comes off on all the door except the Driver. On the drivers you have the door lock so you have to pop the cover itself off of the rest of it. For the handles you just slide back and then pull out to remove. And replace the whole unit.

Reactions: baseballer7

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
As far as I know, there are no true chrome covers. Even the chrome ones from the factory are just chrome plated. My stock chrome handles from my LE have been bubbling for the last year and i can see plastic from where it peeled completely off. Im pretty sure that unless your truck is an XE, it had the chrome handles from the factory. I could be wrong though.

sorry i dont know of anyone who sells real chrome handles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What is underneath the chrome plastic if stipped off, just black smooth plastic? Looking to paint my handles color-matched. Are the OEM black handles textured?

·
Registered
317 Posts
What is underneath the chrome plastic if stipped off, just black smooth plastic? Looking to paint my handles color-matched. Are the OEM black handles textured?
I did exactly that...Just peeled off the chrome, scuffed it, primered and painted. It is not hard just takes a long time. Its like removing a sticker one little piece at a time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts