Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Theres a picture of my truck. I'm going to throw some 5100s and new tires on sometime soon so I should have a little more lift. But I cant decide which nerf bars to go with. chrome or black? I am also thinking about debadging. what are your thoughts/opinons? any pics you have of a similar truck? Thanks for any help guys

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well first and foremost it's your truck, so whatever you choose it must be something you like and can live with. I have personally debadged my truck and boy it was a pain in the a**, but it was well worth it in the end. It makes the trucks lines flow better without anything getting in the way, and gives it an extra little kick, kinda like curb appeal. Since you have a smoke titan, I would recommend going with Black nerf bars but that is just my opinion

·
Premium Member
46,445 Posts
Depends what YOU like, like chrome? Go for it, or do you plan to bedline most of your chrome and rims? go for the the black powder.

I'm going for the black ones simply for maintenance, two years on the beach and most aftermarket chrome starts looking bad, i can maintain/repaint the black ones, chrome I cant fix and will need a replacement.

In my search for a T, I looked at a smoke colored 06 LE that had a chrome bull bar and chrome nerfs , it was sweet looking

Reactions: ketel27

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I had chrome on my old truck, black on the new one. Chrome steps can be a pain to keep a shine on. If you drive alot on gravel roads or where there is salt in the winter, black is much easier to maintain. If your debadging, your pulling chrome off, I say go black, looks nice with a darker truck.

Reactions: ketel27

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input guys. thats why I am kind of stuck on this one..i'm thinking about debadging and taking some chrome off but i dont want the black to look weird since i dont really have any other black on my truck other then the mirror caps. right now I am leaning towards the black and i'm thinking it would def be too much chrome if i didnt debadge and got the chrome bars. I'm thinking it could be a good balance with debadging and going with black

1 - 5 of 5 Posts