Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any info on Chroming of Wheels?
I have a light silver XE CC with the 18 inch SE Wheels and was wondering if anybody else had looked into chroming these wheels. I was considering it to create some contrast from the color of my truck.
They are cast aluminum which I think might present some challenges.

Specifically has anyone had wheels chromed aftermarket before?

Does it last?

Am I making a mistake by chroming over aluminum?

What should it cost?

Does anybody know of a place that does it that is reliable.

I've seen some on Ebay, out in CA. and they are asking for $600 plus shipping both ways and an additional $600 core deposit? (whatever that is?)

I live in Orlando so the shipping to CA. would be pretty high. looking for somebody closer.

any info would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chrome Wheels

TiDan said:
Does anybody have any info on Chroming of Wheels?
I have a light silver XE CC with the 18 inch SE Wheels and was wondering if anybody else had looked into chroming these wheels. I was considering it to create some contrast from the color of my truck.
They are cast aluminum which I think might present some challenges.

Specifically has anyone had wheels chromed aftermarket before?

Does it last?

Am I making a mistake by chroming over aluminum?

What should it cost?

Does anybody know of a place that does it that is reliable.

I've seen some on Ebay, out in CA. and they are asking for $600 plus shipping both ways and an additional $600 core deposit? (whatever that is?)

I live in Orlando so the shipping to CA. would be pretty high. looking for somebody closer.

any info would be appreciated. thanks.
I've looked into doing the same on my truck. In my opinion it would be less costly to just replace the stock wheels. I've looked at American Racing / ASA and others. Go to www.tirerack.com and you can actually see what diff wheels will look like on your truck. I liked my wheels until I came across this website and saw what others were actually doing. Damit! Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
TiDan said:
and they are asking for $600 plus shipping both ways and an additional $600 core deposit? (whatever that is?)

If they are asking for a "core deposit" it means they are going to ship wheels to you after you pay them, and then you are going to ship your old wheels to them after you receive and install the new wheels. When they receive your old wheels, they would refund your "core deposit".

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Panda,

Whattya think was it worth it. Do you like them. Would you suggest it to anyone else?

Thanks for your input

Panda said:
Mine came chromed from the dealer, I paid $800 for them. Here is a picture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts