Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
When you connect to Cipher it will give you your ECU number.

Copy this down and go to file/options, go down to Wide Band, click on it

Add a new ECU, give it a name (maybe roy365 or something like that, whatever you want), now add your ECU number, you will then have two new selections on the monitor list (AFR Bank 1 and Bank 2).

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
baseballfanz said:

Add a new ECU, give it a name (maybe roy365 or something like that, whatever you want), now add your ECU number, you will then have two new selections on the monitor list (AFR Bank 1 and Bank 2).
Muchos gracias!!!! :cheers:

Tried to click on the "help" button.......it takes you to a screen that says "please contact uprev" :jester: We know how that goes...........lol.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
roy365 said:
Muchos gracias!!!! :cheers:

Tried to click on the "help" button.......it takes you to a screen that says "please contact uprev" :jester: We know how that goes...........lol.
You've been putting the paddle to UpRev pretty good lately, lol. I have fortunately had better luck but I have never had an emergency tune situation like you my friend. I'm glad you decided to get some logs because we may be running lean now that we are pumping a bit more air in the engine. Let me know what your AFR was at after you log it. I can't log mine till I get the new laptop going.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm really not a whiner or complainer!!!! LOL I have been waiting for a simple email reply for that all week!!! If i were to treat my customers like that......well i guess they'd go elsewhere. Well my customers are the government so they go where ever they please anyway!!!! LOL It is sad that the ONLY reason i got help LAST WEEK was because Toomny called them to tell them i needed help.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
roy365 said:
I'm really not a whiner or complainer!!!! LOL I have been waiting for a simple email reply for that all week!!! If i were to treat my customers like that......well i guess they'd go elsewhere. Well my customers are the government so they go where ever they please anyway!!!! LOL It is sad that the ONLY reason i got help LAST WEEK was because Toomny called them to tell them i needed help.
yeah same thing happened to me too took almost two weeks to get back to me not good.

·
Registered
754 Posts
roy365 said:
Good question. My perception of it is, when your truck wont idle correct, or runs like sh** and you cant just unbolt what has caused the problem.
Speaking of idling, mine idles fine and all but while im driving and just cruising down the road and let off the gas and the rpm needle goes down like normal and then it goes up a little and down again for some weird reason w/out pressing the gas again. doesnt happen all the time. anyone had that happen to them?

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dom249 said:
Speaking of idling, mine idles fine and all but while im driving and just cruising down the road and let off the gas and the rpm needle goes down like normal and then it goes up a little and down again for some weird reason w/out pressing the gas again. doesnt happen all the time. anyone had that happen to them?
looks like you have osiris, it could be your "idle learn setting". You can adjust your basic idle with cipher, but i'm not sure if you can do the idle learn. might have to go to dealer to get that done.....or call/email uprev would be my first move. good luck.

·
Registered
754 Posts
thanks for the info

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Energizer said:
so how do the profiles work where you use your cruise control buttons? is there a module you mount in the vehicle?
No, it is all in the CPU and you manipulate the cruise buttons to switch between maps. I don't want to be any more specific than that because we don't want everyone knowing how to change maps on our trucks.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I get no UpRev love lately...waiting for a tune for two weeks now.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
baseballfanz said:

i just did some logging with what jared told me he needed and one of the things he said was make sure you are in wideband with your ecu but from what i saw it is one of the options in the normal checklist on what to monitor am i mistaken because i will be pissed lol. Dont mean to hijack .

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Energizer said:
I thought you tune them yourself...
Osiris allows you to do the burning in of the new EEPROM program yourself, by attaching a special USB to OBDII Cable, instead of shipping the ECU to UpRev. Yes, you tune it yourself, :eek2: but with a single tune file, provided by UpRev after you tell them your Mods or show them test results. So, they send you a file, and you download it to the ECU with the Osiris and a laptop. :hi:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts