Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:redblob"
Greetings all! I just placed a deposit on a Red Brawn '05 SE 4X4. It's got 68k miles. I think I did okay on price @ 14600. Being i'm buyin' this all but sight unseen, I'm just wondering if anyone on the forum here has advice on any specific faults that might cause me big head aches... i.e. when cold started it makes this noise and that means part xyz is shot and it's going to cost 2500 to fix kinda stuff with the titan. I'd rather walk away from my deposit than, well, get stuck with a lemon.

that said i love this truck and don't even own it yet! I have a lot to learn about it and plan on being here buggin' the heck out of you all for a LONG time.

Thanks,
deke

Attachments

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I thought only the "LE" had the bed side lockbox.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Main problems, rear axle seal lears, brakes (most older trucks have already had the fix), my transfer case came loose on my 06 4x4 and leaked all over the place and cost 300 at the dealer to fix, I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of....

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
My advice is to seek a 2008. Front & rear diffs, spring shackles, brakes, exhaust manifolds, radiator, and power steering hose would be my main points of concern. 2008 has improved intake, exhaust, larger front brakes, upgraded front & rear diffs, spring shackles, VVT, larger front hubs, larger rear axle shafts. The only disadvantage of 2008+ is that you can't currently buy a TruTrac LSD to fit the larger diameter 35 spline 2008+ axle shafts. The available TruTrac fits 2004-2007 only. You can get a 2008 with a factory e-locker, which is upgraded from the original two spider version to a stronger 4-spider version.

If you are buying it from a dealer, they might be able to provide the service history. So, for example, if service records reflect they installed a 2006+ front diff and a newer rear axle assembly, that would be a good thing.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Some people have a laundry list of repairs on the 04-07's My 05 has been pretty reliable knock on wood. Chances are your exhaust manifolds are leaking. The truck probably had the brake issue fixed already if not you'll find out soon. Judging from the picture that truck looks clean. If the inside looks like the outside maybe it wasn't beat on too bad.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I've had 2 2004s with no major problems on either. First one went back in for brake upgrade (recall) and the rubber on the cupholder coming off. Second one hasn't been in for anything. I put 75k on the first one, 7k so far on this one (I'm up to 71k miles). Both 4x4 crew cabs, first one had big tow, this one doesn't.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
How can you tell if the brakes went in for the recall already?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts