Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen some references to a solenoid making noise under the center console. Does this sound like the same thing? I've had this intermittent clacking noise that will last a few seconds at various speeds and under normal driving conditions, that seems to be coming from under the center console. It's been very sporadic, but this morning it happened about 15 times on my way to work. It almost sounds like a gremlin knocking on the console trying to get out! Very freaky. Any ideas as my warrantee expires in 70 more miles?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had the console noise from the defective solenoid (sp?) repaired.

It was very specific & consistant - always occured as I slowed down to ~5 mph - sounded like the fob hitting the dash.
It would even click when I slipped the truck in neutral going up hill & letting it coast down to 5mph on it's own !
I could sometimes hear it as I accelerated from a stop, but had to listen real close to catch it then.

Good Luck !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike, it's so sporadic and hard to pin down as to when it wants to occur. Did it again this morning but it waited 2 weeks to show up. Go figure. I guess I can put up with it for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.