·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Max,

You are correct...just that hitch tied with a tongue and ball and your set for up to 5000pds. More than enough to pull the ski's.

Chris

·
Registered
740 Posts
Be careful trying to pull more than 5000lbs. The ad says it is good up to 9500lbs but calls it a class III hitch. Those two don't jive. It is either class IV or it only pulls 5000lbs. Judging by the price, I would think it is a class III. That is good enough for you present needs, but is below the towing capacity of your truck so if your needs change in the future you will need to get a class IV.

Personally I would never put a hitch on a vehicle that is rated for less than the vehicle can tow. You never know when you want to pull a uhaul or you want to pull a friends trailer. Also, when you resell, the class III could become a negative.

·
Registered
429 Posts
MaxPowers said:
I don't have the towing package on my truck and i was wondering if this was the type of hitch i would need to get if say i wanted to tow some jet skis on a trailer that would be about 2500 lbs. I know i would have to get the ball and stuff seperately but just wondering if this is what i need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33653&item=2470585488
I wish I could find where I read this I am almost sure right in the Nissan operator's manual. If your Titan does not come with the tow package then the tow rating is 7500lbs. The tow package has the lower gear ratio and transmission cooler,etc. for safe towing. I regret not ordering a Titan with the tow package. I got mine right off the lot because I do not really need to tow that much and I just could not wait the 90 days the dealer said it would take to get an ordered one,but it would sure be nice knowing I could tow 9500lbs. if I needed to.. I recently however purchased a class IV hitch from etrailer.com for a really good price. Got the class IV to get it up from the 5000lb class III.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1Titan said:
I wish I could find where I read this I am almost sure right in the Nissan operator's manual. If your Titan does not come with the tow package then the tow rating is 7500lbs. The tow package has the lower gear ratio and transmission cooler,etc. for safe towing. I regret not ordering a Titan with the tow package. I got mine right off the lot because I do not really need to tow that much and I just could not wait the 90 days the dealer said it would take to get an ordered one,but it would sure be nice knowing I could tow 9500lbs. if I needed to.. I recently however purchased a class IV hitch from etrailer.com for a really good price. Got the class IV to get it up from the 5000lb class III.
It's on the Nissan site. I've been looking into trailers as well. I'm not too upset with not getting the tow package myself, because even with it you are pretty much maxing out the capacity with even a "light" toy-hauler.

·
Registered
470 Posts
1Titan said:

I agree with most. All the trucks have tranny cooler. Tow package includes tranny temp gauge. I looked for the cooler before deciding if I needed the tow package. Seeing as my boat only weighs about 1500 lbs I couldn't justify the cost. I don't think I'll need the lower gears for this little amount of weight. Didn't need it for the Tundra and this truck is a tad more powerful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts