Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the meguiars clay bar kit something a novice can handle? I'm familiar with waxing cars and have some knowledge of paint care and whatnot, but I'd like to claybar and wax my truck and I'm worried about doing it myself being black and all I don't want any swirls to pop up on me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Just-in said:
Is the meguiars clay bar kit something a novice can handle? I'm familiar with waxing cars and have some knowledge of paint care and whatnot, but I'd like to claybar and wax my truck and I'm worried about doing it myself being black and all I don't want any swirls to pop up on me.
I say don't worry about it... I mean, I'm half black and I am thinking of trying it! All in all I don't think the color of your skin has anything to do with it, Well not a whole lot anyway... Hopefully the swirls won't get on me or my truck!:jester: :jester:

F'real though, I would like to know the difficulty level too. I was thinking bout it yesterday when I read the waxing post and it was brought up.
Reef
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Claying is very easy just buy the Meguiars kit it will include everything you need.
Take your time and work in small areas & make sure you wax it afterwards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ReefJones said:
I say don't worry about it... I mean, I'm half black and I am thinking of trying it! All in all I don't think the color of your skin has anything to do with it, Well not a whole lot anyway... Hopefully the swirls won't get on me or my truck!:jester: :jester:

F'real though, I would like to know the difficulty level too. I was thinking bout it yesterday when I read the waxing post and it was brought up.
Reef
Lol chit... I meant to say the truck being black and all, like me though it's a few tints darker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,108 Posts
EonBlue66 said:
Claying is very easy just buy the Meguiars kit it will include everything you need.
Take your time and work in small areas & make sure you wax it afterwards.
Let teh paint cool down, do it in the shade, I'd use a dawn/water solution (just a drop or two of Dawn), NOT the quick detailer... save the quick detailer for wiping down later, for maintaining the clean vehicle....

Look here for details-- we've been discussing it here.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/62528-truck-wax-polish.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Use plain water, try keeping the hose handy and really do it in the shade or a garage. Use the cleaner wax that Mequiares make afterthe clay bar. You will need to turn the clay bar several times during the process and if you get it flexable enough try turning it inside out a few time. And if you drop it on the ground don't use it again. One of my competors dropped one on the ground picked it up and use it. The customer got a new paint job on the hood of her Mercedes from it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,108 Posts
since clay can easily slip from your hands, you might try tearing off some small chunks... if you do drop it, toss it... I've dropped clay and reused it, but that was on areas I didn't care about, and I inspected it for gravel and picked it out.... also, dropped clay works well on wheels, but be careful not to scratch your wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
ReefJones said:
I say don't worry about it... I mean, I'm half black and I am thinking of trying it! All in all I don't think the color of your skin has anything to do with it, Well not a whole lot anyway... Hopefully the swirls won't get on me or my truck!:jester: :jester:

F'real though, I would like to know the difficulty level too. I was thinking bout it yesterday when I read the waxing post and it was brought up.
Reef
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top