Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this question has been probably asked before. Just wanted to know if anybody had any good tips on cleaning this Neopene seats? I think our seats our made of neopene, at lease that is what somebody told me. If they are not then what do I need to do to clean. They have minor spots on them.

Thanks for your help

JTOWN

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
I don't think they are made of neoprene. Not really sure of what they are made of. I have found armor all cleaning wipes to work very well for that.

·
Registered
674 Posts
are you talking about the light grey seats with the light blue mesh type material....if so please post a solution if you find one....everything that touches mine leaves a stain......Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
are you talking about the light grey seats with the light blue mesh type material....if so please post a solution if you find one....everything that touches mine leaves a stain......Thanks
I have similar seats to what you're talkin about, except I have the tan instead of the blue(which is worse yet). One day I stopped at the local fruit stand, got to where i was goin, slid down out of my truck not realizing i had dropped a black raspberry between my legs :eek: !! About a 10 inch long raspberry stain from the center of my seat to the outer edge:crying: . I didn't have access to any stain remover for another 4-5 hours. I got home and tried SHOUT (the kind to remove stains out of clothes) with a toothbrush and some water(also with the brush). Can't see the stain no more! Sorry bout the long story.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
trckwsh01 said:
I have similar seats to what you're talkin about, except I have the tan instead of the blue(which is worse yet). One day I stopped at the local fruit stand, got to where i was goin, slid down out of my truck not realizing i had dropped a black raspberry between my legs :eek: !! About a 10 inch long raspberry stain from the center of my seat to the outer edge:crying: . I didn't have access to any stain remover for another 4-5 hours. I got home and tried SHOUT (the kind to remove stains out of clothes) with a toothbrush and some water(also with the brush). Can't see the stain no more! Sorry bout the long story.
It is a very high maintenance material. That is a good method.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
blavis said:
It is a very high maintenance material. That is a good method.
its extremely easy to vacuum too. i got some minor and major spots on mine so ima try those methods, but does anyone know how to get out a small grease stain? (pizza)

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
albonismo said:
its extremely easy to vacuum too. i got some minor and major spots on mine so ima try those methods, but does anyone know how to get out a small grease stain? (pizza)
www.katzkin.com :lol: J/k . That might require a steam cleaning. Or just try trckwsh01' method. it might work.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My seats are the grey with tan center. I found thread, should have done a search. That suggested using Simple Green with water. They had good results. Going to give it a try.

JTOWN

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got my '05 and noticed some stains in the seats, and was wondering what would be good to clean them with, so I apprieciate the info also.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone tried scothgarding them yet? I was thinking of doing this?
I had a few minor stains from armor all. When armor alling the dash and such I usually lay the bottle on the seat and it dripped a little bit and sure enough it left a stain. I've done this with every vehicle I've had and its never left a stain that is until I bought the Titan.

I read a review somewhere (truck Trend maybe?) before I bought the truck and one of the few complaints was that the seat fabric stained to easily.

·
Registered
302 Posts
JeffB said:
I had a few minor stains from armor all. When armor alling the dash and such I usually lay the bottle on the seat and it dripped a little bit and sure enough it left a stain. I've done this with every vehicle I've had and its never left a stain that is until I bought the Titan.

I read a review somewhere (truck Trend maybe?) before I bought the truck and one of the few complaints was that the seat fabric stained to easily.
I have the grey colored seats and even water spilling on the seat would leave a stain.I used some diluted simple green to clean it.You have to spray the whole section of the seat evenly otherwise when it dries whatever part of the seat is more wet it will look like a stain when it dries.After I did that I scotchguarded the seats.It works great! Whatever liquid spills on it, can easily be wiped up coz the scotchguard makes the liquid bead up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
boya544 said:
I have the grey colored seats and even water spilling on the seat would leave a stain.I used some diluted simple green to clean it.You have to spray the whole section of the seat evenly otherwise when it dries whatever part of the seat is more wet it will look like a stain when it dries.After I did that I scotchguarded the seats.It works great! Whatever liquid spills on it, can easily be wiped up coz the scotchguard makes the liquid bead up.
I have the grey ones too, and I know what you mean about the water stains. I will give your idea a shot, thanks! Love the warning sticker too.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
JeffB said:
Yes, I did about 3 good layers of ScotchGaurd. I have a couple stains, but haven't tried to get them clean. Reading all of this makes mewant to try sme SHOUT and a Toothbrush and Water. Good thread! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts