Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of the sudden I am noticing a pronnounced "click" coming from my gear shift when I come to a complete stop. Anyone else notice this in their truck? Seems like this just started, I have had the truck four weeks Tuesday, and I think I would have noticed it before now...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Get that from our Honda's ignition switch

...which is near the shifter. My wife told the service dpt. about it and they say it is normal. It had to do with something...I just can't remember what.

Yours sounds like the same thing. But it might not be... :huh:

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
it is a locking mechanism within the shifter that allows you to shift the shifter into park or reverse only when you come to a complete stop. i think... :lookaroun

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Close, it's the park lock in. Try taking your shifter out of park without your foot on the brake. No worky right? put your foot on the brake and release, hear the click?

Thank Audi and some very dumb customers for that one.

·
Registered
473 Posts
In addition, the strange looking "plug" next to the shifter is a manual unlock if the primary system fails. DO NOT USE unless it is an emergency, I have been told it will shatter and f up the shift console.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Derwud said:
Close, it's the park lock in. Try taking your shifter out of park without your foot on the brake. No worky right? put your foot on the brake and release, hear the click?

Thank Audi and some very dumb customers for that one.
That totally makes sense, the catch is that it is sometimes louder than others, and that I hear it when I am coming to a stop, braking & just about finished moving forward. I would think the system you describe would be more of a safety for when you first go to shift into drive, no? Or am I being one of those Audi customers? :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Doghouse said:
In addition, the strange looking "plug" next to the shifter is a manual unlock if the primary system fails. DO NOT USE unless it is an emergency, I have been told it will shatter and f up the shift console.
LOL, I've removed about 5 of them (when you HAVE to move the vehicle, and dont have the keys in hand... just pop off the cover, insert a Nissan key and its just like you have the key in the ignition). I highly doubt anything will shatter or destroy itself. It is pretty easy to mar up the plastic though.

-Corey

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
lawabidn said:
LOL, I've removed about 5 of them (when you HAVE to move the vehicle, and dont have the keys in hand... just pop off the cover, insert a Nissan key and its just like you have the key in the ignition). I highly doubt anything will shatter or destroy itself. It is pretty easy to mar up the plastic though.

-Corey
Thank, I have been wondering about that little button that doesn't do anything. Thought it might be something like that.

So you are saying if I insert the ignition key into whatever is under that tab, that I can move the shifter?

·
Registered
77 Posts
rrumaner said:
Thank, I have been wondering about that little button that doesn't do anything. Thought it might be something like that.

So you are saying if I insert the ignition key into whatever is under that tab, that I can move the shifter?
yep, and it unlocks your column too.... easy way to steal a nissan :huh:

-corey

·
Registered
609 Posts
Im having the same click just started today. I noticed it when hitting the brake when going in reverse. I have the console shift. It just got cold today, does anyone notice this also. I can feel it in the shifter when i hit the brakes. PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I noticed today when i took my center console apart, that sometimes when going in reverse the mechanism that locks out the ability to put your tranny into gear tries to come into play. I know that it comes into play when slowing down, and when hitting the brake (in park). Sometimes, very randomly mine acts likes its doing somethin when i put it into reverse. I can hear it and feel it. It only happens ever so often.. ANYONE ELSE??? Also, does anyone hear the mechanism from there center console, when coming to a stop????

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Anyone????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts