Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok this is my first problem that I have had with my truck (2007*75k miles). I hear a clicking when I change the direction of the air. I have a picture and a video.

click to play

Dont make fun of the photobucket page, it my wifes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did the boy push something into one of the vents? Maybe it fell down into the fan compartment and its hitting the blade when its on?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It only clicks when the AC first start up (maybe 15-20 sec) then its fine. And when the truck starts with on AC on. My little man is not allowed up front he has broken my in dash before.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mine does that to, when I go from floor/defrost to floor/forward vent and it clicks for like 20-30 seconds. But If I go to max A/C it will only click 2-3 times. And it still changes the airflow. It doesnt get stuck, just clicks.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine does that to, when I go from floor/defrost to floor/forward vent and it clicks for like 20-30 seconds. But If I go to max A/C it will only click 2-3 times. And it still changes the airflow. It doesnt get stuck, just clicks.
Have you ever had it looked at? how long has it been going on? I hope my AC dosnt go out.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I will leave it on the max AC for now until I can get it looked at. Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well I had a similar thing happen years ago in another vehicle and one day a paper tag lodged itself in one of my vents and sound went away. Could be something minor hitting the fan blades. tell us when the mystery is solved. My son usually only stuck things down the toilet, usually when company came to spend the night...oh the days of removing toys from the toilet bowl...good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
Guys, I have been experiencing this exact same problem for about 4 months now. But, on mine, it also clicks about 3 minutes after I turn the engine off. Does that vent try to close or something when you remove the key?

I drive an '04, 106,000 miles.

Any and all info on this is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also have this issue with my 2006 at 81k miles. Changing the fan speed sometimes does it as well for me, but usually changing the air direction nob or the hot/cold air mix nob will do it... how long it clicks before stopped varies.

I'm assuming it will stop changing the baffle position sooner or later then I'll dig in there and see what I can fix.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess the dash will come apart this weekend now that I have another ride to get around in. I hope I can fix it I will update all. I think I know where it is coming from. I think its the white gear in the pic and a tooth broke or something. at least im not alone.

·
Registered
563 Posts
After looking at the FSM I wonder if maybe something fell down the vent and got stuck and is prevent the "mode door motor" (per FSM) from operating smoothly. Maybe this weekend ill take off the motor and look for gear teeth damage or something lodged in there.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good we can try to fix this together.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
mine did that on my 06 for a very long time, it never went away. constant clicking, annoying as heck. my heater ended up breaking, but that i think was my heater core, not anything to do with the clicking.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
mine makes a bunch of noise a couple minutes after i turn the truck off. I got some fast food and parked, turned the truck off and a few minutes later there was all this noise coming from behind the dash. maybe its the same thing.

i have the digital heater functions if that matters. (I cant think of the specific term now) i will have to test this out soon and see if changing the air direction makes that noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine makes a bunch of noise a couple minutes after i turn the truck off. I got some fast food and parked, turned the truck off and a few minutes later there was all this noise coming from behind the dash. maybe its the same thing.

i have the digital heater functions if that matters. (I cant think of the specific term now) i will have to test this out soon and see if changing the air direction makes that noise.
I have the same issue. When I shut the vehicle off after a few minutes the clicking starts. I think there is a vent "door" that defualts to a certain postion after the ignition is shut off. The click seems to be from the door trying to close to the defalut postion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts