Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys, I have a 2009 LE truck with the digital climate control

Been Wondering this since I purchased the truck when I use the AUTO function for the temperature the A/C light always comes on... Why in the heck would you want the A/C compressor to come on unless your defrosting or its hot? Its 15 degrees outside and the truck has been sitting all night at work and the second I click auto the A/C light comes on. Is this really kicking on the compressor? I have not used the auto function all winter because I am scared I'm sacrificing mileage when its totally not needed, I just adjust the fan and degrees as I see fit. And with gas at the prices it is now I try not to aid the pain if I don't have to.

Thanks Guys!

·
Super Moderator
162,666 Posts
I haven't noticed that it affects my mileage one way or another, auto function or manual, winter or summer. Be comfortable and don't "sweat" it either way. :)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
try pushing the a/c button it should go off but auto should still function. not sure about my dad's T but thats how my moms xc60R works..

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i'm stuck in the stone age with manual climate controls..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Im also stuck w manuel climate. I notice sometimes my ac automactically kicks on when i turn to something when i dont want ac. i just click it and it turns off.
In my jeep strt 6 struggling to push 35's at 70 mph on the highway. AC on high i notice a lag in motor power and maybe a little mpg.
Our V8s have tons of power and you shouldn't notice a difference in power or MPG unless your towing a house up Mt. Everest.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
try pushing the a/c button it should go off but auto should still function. not sure about my dad's T but thats how my moms xc60R works..
Yes, pushing the AC button turns off the AC without taking it out of Auto mode. I have to do this to mine. It must be programmed to go into AC in case the AC is needed to reach the desired temp. Otherwise, the fan would just kick over to full blast and never change during the summer.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Fellas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts