Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I've had this noise since the first day I bought the truck, but never cared much about it.

Once I pull into the garage and shut off the engine, I can hear a clinking noise from underneath. It's kind of like if a small piece of metal fell and hit a tin can of some sort...or even similar to the sound of water dripping into a tin can. I don't know if that's normal for everyone's truck? It only happens after I shut off the engine, and I can only hear it if I was outside the vehicle, NOT inside the truck. It typically last for 2-3 minutes before subsiding and stops entirely.

If it's common/normal, I won't bring it into the dealer. Worth checking with all other owners first. Appreciate it!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sounds like the metal exhaust components contracting.
This when a high pitch metal ping sound is rapid at first and slowly subsides in frequency over the course of a minute or two.
If this is what you are describing, it is perfectly normal.
Many exhaust systems do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the metal exhaust components contracting.
This when a high pitch metal ping sound is rapid at first and slowly subsides in frequency over the course of a minute or two.
If this is what you are describing, it is perfectly normal.
Many exhaust systems do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks @Rob J, that could very much be it. My first time experiencing that, of the cars I have owned.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi everyone. I've had this noise since the first day I bought the truck, but never cared much about it.

Once I pull into the garage and shut off the engine, I can hear a clinking noise from underneath. It's kind of like if a small piece of metal fell and hit a tin can of some sort...or even similar to the sound of water dripping into a tin can. I don't know if that's normal for everyone's truck? It only happens after I shut off the engine, and I can only hear it if I was outside the vehicle, NOT inside the truck. It typically last for 2-3 minutes before subsiding and stops entirely.

If it's common/normal, I won't bring it into the dealer. Worth checking with all other owners first. Appreciate it!!!
Sounds normal.

When the fan clutch went out on my XD it was stuck on full engagement all the time..... Sounded like a roaring jet engine when accelerating not to mention reduced engine power and crappy gas mileage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts