Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings all - i replaced my clock spring last week (2006 Titan) - the radio controls on the steering wheel had stopped working and then the cruise control quit and the horn was intermittent. thats all the symptoms. after replacement - which was a cinch considering i was quoted $1100 and a day and a half from the dealer - it worked great. for 2 days. then out of the blue the radio controls, cruise control, and horn all quit and now the air bag light flashes (which it was not doing before). i took it apart again and checked all the wire plugs all appears fine.

the only thing i can think of is just a bad part. it is really a brainless repair, if any of you have done it i am sure you will agree its hard flub this up. of course the dealer said the part is not returnable, but its not like the part is broke or misused. i am hoping they will give me one return - if it works then it was indeed a bad part, if not then the problem lies somewhere else.

not an expert on modern auto technology, but is there anything in the IPDM or something else that cold cause this??

David

·
Super Moderator
93,641 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts