Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i called nissan to ask them about the IPDM recall... and mentioned to the rep about my problem of loss of HP... explained to him whats been going on and etc... he said it sounds like a clogged cat and said if it was that its in the ballpark of $1000... f**k!

If it is a clogged cat is there any way to be sure thats exactly what it is?
I doubt ill go with servicing it at the dealer but im sure the fix will still be a costly one even at a local mechanic.

Need some help...

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
The primary cats are integral w/ the exhaust manifolds which are labor intensive to replace. Unless under warranty (80K emissions warranty), you should consider headers, high flow cats, uprev. Some people have posted that grit from defective cats was back sucked into the engine, requiring engine replacement. So not something to be ignored.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
DT long tubes around $600 (OBX are cheaper) MF cats $120, Uprev $500

Install - 8 hours (requires welding to install the cats in place of the factory secondary cats in the B-pipes)

If you want bolt on cats, you can get B-pipes w/ cats from Stillen - although some other company is apparently working on them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If I was in your shoes right now I would get on the Berk B-Pipe list and put together this exhaust

$380 OBX - stainless steel long tube headers (these are new but look almost exactly like Doug Thorley but nobody has reported how they fit yet)

$375 Berk stainless steel B-Pipes with H-flow cats (group buy but not sure when they will be done)

$100 Good high flow muffler if you don't already have one.

$500 Uprev tune or you maybe able to get away with a Bullydog GT but you would really need to watch your air fuel ratio to make sure you don't run to lean.

Your Titan would be a real screamer for $1355.00 that is if you can do the work yourself or with some mechanically inclined friends :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ok my post above is what I'm planning for my own Titan.

Not sure what year Titan you have but Bestatchess is correct you can trick your truck into thinking it has cats (after knocking out all the scrubber stuff)by adding what i think are called Defoulers (ask Deerslayer or look up what he did). That would be the cheapest and easiest thing you could do. Good luck with what ever choice you choose

·
Registered
364 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts