Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'05 Titan CC - 14K m

When I hit a fairly abrupt dip in the road (a drainage "v" actually) I hear a pretty loud clunk that I can actually feel at my feet.

I just took a very brief look, but 'saw nothing; I thought I'd come on here to see if anyone else has experienced this before I dig into it deeper myself.

I have installed the NCD leveling kit if that leads to anything (I installed the kit almost immediately after buying the truck, so I really can't say if the clunking sound came only after installing the kit).

Also, I did not put the new bump stops in when intalling the leveling kit....again, I'm not sure if that throws any red flags or not.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
check your sway bar end links and see if there broke thats what exactly what happen to me tonight

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
it is constantly clunking or you jsut heard it when taking a hit?

If it is when your hitting something (or actualy when the truck is recovering from the hit it's probably just the upper arm hitting the coil bucket)

You need some bumpstops. Also you got the right leveling kit right? The 2.5 inch kit does not fit well on the 4x4s, I found this out the hardway before I knew about Greg's kits.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is JUST when taking a hit.

Yes I installed the leveling kit from NCD (myself) - (but my truck is 2WD and the kit went in just fine).

I was wondering if it was the bumpstop issue. Makes sense - I'll check it out.

Just get bumpstops from NCD?

·
Registered
39 Posts
if its hitting the bucket ot the top of the shock it will make that noise you can tell easily by looking at it it will have some indentions on it if so cut a peace of the bucket with a grinder or cuttting tool it will solve your problem but if not welcome to the clunk problem no one can solve..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last night I checked for marks/indentations in the coil bucket from the upper control arm. On the right side I could see a couple small knicks, so I grabbed the side grinder and knocked them down.

The other side showed no indentations at all, so I threw the wheel back on and ran down my street toward the clunk-inducing dip and sure enough, it is still there.

Since I don't see any marks on the left-side coil bucket, I really don't want to grind the lip down it if is not necessary.

I can't believe no one has this figured out yet, but then again, its pretty hard to study unless i can talk a buddy into strapping himself to the underside of my truck while I hit that dip in my road....hmmm.....

So does this sound come from trucks ONLY with the leveling kits installed? I'll call NCD and see what they have to say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts