Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI. When your truck throws the 0455 code good chance it's not a bad gas cap. My SES light came back on after a new gas cap and it turned out to be the Evap Canister sprung a leak, $521 later and the light has stayed off. Damn emission system, if I didn't need it fixed for inspection I would never have replaced it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Was it covered under warranty ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No It was not under warranty. I spent the extra money to get the best certified pre-owned warranty 8yr 100,000miles, and assumed it would be covered. Come to find out those parts are only covered under the initial 3 yr 36000 mile warranty. It was one of the few parts I don't have covered. I am still mad about it.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Just had mine replaced at 33K miles. what a PIA.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I thought emissions components were covered longer than 36k by federal law.

·
Registered
14 Posts
thedeer2 said:
FYI. When your truck throws the 0455 code good chance it's not a bad gas cap. My SES light came back on after a new gas cap and it turned out to be the Evap Canister sprung a leak, $521 later and the light has stayed off. Damn emission system, if I didn't need it fixed for inspection I would never have replaced it.
Mind me of asking, due use Push the truck to it's limit or a regular truck driver.
I'm Trying to keep a raster on the items that need to be replaced during usage, that are not mentioned in the servicing guide.

your the fourth person who mentions the EVAP Canister = $521 @ 36,000 miles.
there are another two who mentioned about a burst radiator @ 40,000+ miles

I consider the Titan a very durable truck, it also needs to be very well look after, if you know what to change in the right time your good to go. you can drag it on mud, sand, etc..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The extended emissions coverage is for the large components like ECM and Catalytic Converters. The federal coverage of these canisters ends at 2 yrs 24,000 miles.
Mine went at about 45,000 miles, and I baby the truck. It's basically my commuter vehicle

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just had my truck inspected yesterday. That code was stored so I guess I have that to look for next year around this time:crying:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts