Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to the forum. I have a 2013 pro 4x with a 6 inch procomp lift. I'm running 35x12.5x20 tires. I am having slight coil bucket contact. I have read about changing the UCA to the dirt kings but they all say they are rated for 33s and I run 35s. I am looking for a solution other than grinding the lip off my coil bucket I would rather not do that if possible. Thanks for any help or information y'all might have.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have the same Procomp lift, running 35" tires and have the PRG UCAs with no issues and no more coil bucket contact. I strongly recommend either Dirt King or PRG UCAs to solve this problem.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Buds UCAs are generally something you don't want to cheap out on. Rough country is about the cheapest I would go. Definitely not eBay ones. But cr is gonna be cheapest, prg is your next choice and dirt kings are heimed and most expensive but I've heard they're worth it.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
you can also get Dirt King bushing ones for about $525, so not the most expensive

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
you can also get Dirt King bushing ones for about $525, so not the most expensive

Those are the ones that says 33 for recommended tire size. Hiemed version are the ones they say are recommended for 35.
Currently waiting on my PRG ucas just got my shipping info finally

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. That looks like what I am going to do, go with a tubular uniball type uca. On another note has anyone heard anything positive or negative about the icon coil overs ?

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Thanks for the info. That looks like what I am going to do, go with a tubular uniball type uca. On another note has anyone heard anything positive or negative about the icon coil overs ?

Icons are top notch, I currently have extended travel bracket lift radflo that have clunked since new that are being sent back. Plan is to get 8 inch extended travel icon built an be the Guinea pig. Guess they haven't made extended travel bracket lifted coilovers for the titan as far as I've been told. I'm also running the procomp lift with c-30 Deaver in the rear. Will put the PRG adjustable shackles an the three inch block once I get the icons.

·
Registered
741 Posts
DK bushing UCAs are just fine with 35s. Plenty of people run them with that size tire I'm sure, including myself (35X12.50R18). No issues here.

They completely eliminated the CBC I was experiencing with my stock UCAs.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Well obviously they are fine to run with 35's, just won't take the same abuse the hiemed will I would imagine. But that's more to do with how you use your truck. I beat mine pretty good. I had always planned on the balljoint ucas but ended up going hiemed.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Just to clarify the recommend tire size we have on our website is for running our arms with a coilover or non spindle/ bracket lift set up. We recommend a 31-33" tire for either of our style of upper control arms with this set up. Going to a spindle or bracket lift you can fit a larger tire so could move up to a 35" or bigger depending on the lift. We do not recommend bigger tires since it requires a bit of modifying (pinch weld/ front bumper cutting) to clear 35s with just uppers and coilovers.

We have both our style upper control arms in stock and offer Titan Talk member discounts. Please shoot me a PM or email for pricing. We have both style UCAs in stock and can go out next day. Here is more info and specs on each style upper arm.

Dirt King Bushing Style Titan 2wd/4wd UCAs
Bushing Upper Control Arms

Dirt King Heim/ Uniball Style Titan 2wd/4wd UCAs
Nissan Titan heimed Upper Control arms

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Go DK. Nick will get you set up right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts