Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've got a 2004 SE 2WD and I'm trying to get about 2-3 inches upfront with a coilover. I've already put on Maxtrac spindles but I need some more height and I figured coilovers would be better then just adding a spacer. What would be a good choice for me that's not breaking the bank?

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
It depends on what type of driving you do. If you offroad, I wouldn't go with anything smaller than a 2.5. Icon, saws, radflos, fox 2.5s are all around the same price. If you don't do much off roading if any, the spacer really isn't that bad of an idea nor would 5100s and 08+ 4wd coils with them. Or fox 2.0s.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much would something like 2.5 icons run? And do I get them in extended length to get some lift out of it? I spend a fair amount of time on rough ranch roads and oil roads

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looked up some of those shocks..a little steep for me right now haha. I didn't want to spend more then about 500 as I plan on moving to long travel in 6 months or so

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
Well you said coilovers, and I answered you with the only coilover options that are even remotely worth it :lol:

I'd get a set of pro4 coils and 5100s. There's countless threads on this. It'll give you what you want for at or under 500. But at 500, you ain't gonna get a set of any 2.5s that don't need a rebuild. Just struts and coils man.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about the rancho quick lift from PRG? Or would I be better off running 5100s. I had planned on taking the sway bar off

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
You'd be better off with 5100s ordered through TAP. They'll ride better and you'll actually get them in a timely manner.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Call me crazy, but if you plan on going long travel soon then why bother going any other route than coilovers. I know they're a bit pricey but you'll need them for the long travel set up anyways. Buying something cheaper right now will only take money away from the future set up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to have to get extended coilovers for long travel and they wont fit until I get the LCAs and UCAs in. So I think I'm just going to throw a spacer on for a few months and save for the long travel stuff. Just wanted to explore my options

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Gotcha. A spacer would definitely be the best way to go if you aren't planning on keeping it and really want a bit more height.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I'm going to have to get extended coilovers for long travel and they wont fit until I get the LCAs and UCAs in. So I think I'm just going to throw a spacer on for a few months and save for the long travel stuff. Just wanted to explore my options
they are gonna be more then extended travel...if you're gonna go long travel, get a 8 or 10" travel shock and do a shock hoop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts