Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been looking into getting CST 4'' spindles and rocking 33'' BFG all terrains....come to find out they want $900.00 for spindles! rediculous! i figure its more worth it to just go with coilovers...does anyone have any pics with 33's and coilovers or have any pros and cons between the 2 options? how high i can lift the fron with coilovers opposed to a 4'' spindle lift? i believe its only 3'' max out of a coilover... thanks!

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
To get 3" of lift from the coilover would require A LOT of preload which will make your ride significantly stiffer. For a decent set of coilovers (PRG- look at the link posted above) you are looking at $1000. If you want 4" of lift get the spindles. There is another company making a knock off version of the CST's for around $400. I believe the companies name is Suspension Max but don't quote me on that. Use the search. I would still get coilovers along with the spindles. You will be amazed how much they improve your ride (as long as you don't have a sh!t load of preload on them).

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I want to run a 33" tire with a nice amount of lift as well. I found a set of RadFlo's used for $450, bought em and was going to use those with a 2" spacer until I found out from PRG that you cant stack a spacer with a coilover... Long story short I bit the bullet and bought the CST spindles to go along with the coilover's. I will probably turn the coilovers "down" as I only want about 5" of total lift for now with a 33" tire.

Clear as mud?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah let's see a pic with the 33's...that's what I'm going with definately spindles and hopefully I can find a used pair of coilovers

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Here is my Titan with the DRE, (Icon), coilovers at 2", stock BT rear height. Tires are aftermarket 32.8" LT285/70R17 D BFG KO A/T's.

Same tires but 3" front lift ... added a 1" PRG custom spacer and Chaos UCAs, PRG/Deaver mini pak and Chaos 3/4" drop shackles, (3/4" to 1" net rear left).

Changed to 33.5" LT295/70R17 E Toyo M/T's, still 3" front.

4" front, Hat-flipped DRE coilovers, (like running a 1.5" measured, 2.5" net left spacer). Lots of coil bucket contact due to the large amount of spacer-like lift, (too much for my Chaos UCA's). People have much better results with the latest rev. of PRG UCA's.

Temp setup, Bilstein HD and 2.5" PRG Leveling kit, Chaos UCA, rear back to stock BT overload leaf, and PRG shackle set at 0" drop. Tires are 33.98" LT305/70R17 E Nitto Terra Grappler A/T, on Black Rock Viper 17x8" rims.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx man lookin good! i like the rake in the front...so are you running spacers and the bilsteins that lift your truck too?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
thx man lookin good! i like the rake in the front...so are you running spacers and the bilsteins that lift your truck too?
The Bilstein 5100's lift, but my Bilstein HD's don't. Only my PRG 2.5" leveling kit does, and I think the 4x4 coils give 1/2" compared to the same year 2wd.

If I was keeping this setup on the truck I'd buy the '09 4x4 coils for another half an inch to inch, and change to a shorter leveling spacer. Btw, the last pic is on a slight hill ... bed is uphill.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I am going to try keeping the hat flipped on my Icon's but with zero preload. My 2WD '08 is still 2.5" lower in the front than the rear, so I think I should be able to run it without coil bucket contact.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I am going to try keeping the hat flipped on my Icon's but with zero preload. My 2WD '08 is still 2.5" lower in the front than the rear, so I think I should be able to run it without coil bucket contact.
I assume you mean with the stock UCA's, and think that you will have major contact even with 0 preload. The Icons are longer than stock struts already, but with the hat flipped they are longer than the Bilstein HD's with the 2.5" PRG leveling spacer.

The original PRG Performance Package had a 1" net lift spacer on top of the unflipped DRE's, (Icons), and required aftermarket UCA's, and flipping the hat adds another 1.5" of net spacer lift compared to it.

Also, the coil buckets are higher on the newer Titans, so closer to the UCA's.

Preload, or lack of it, doesn't add to or diminish the bucket contact, strut length does. It's better to use a little of both.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts