Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys and Gals, Need some education. Who all makes coilovers for a 6" lift? What are some of the goods and bads of the ones available. I have found icon, swayaway, and radflo. Am I missing any? Also I have heard the radflo's tend to clunk? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Also would like matching rear shocks.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
king will build you them too.

randflo's shouldn't clunk if you get the external resi's

pro comp makes them too.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
king will build you them too.

randflo's shouldn't clunk if you get the external resi's

pro comp makes them too.
oh ya forgot about king. I have read pro comps are junk, is that true? Which is the best bang for the buck?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had sways on my previous rig and loved them. I'll be looking for another pair soon

Reactions: TSINND

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I would say ICONS. pricey but they're pretty nice. TAP will let you know. They've been in the truck biznesssss for a long time.

yeah i wouldn't buy pro comp ones unless they were a steal.however anything is better then stock

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the radflo 6" lift external res's they are amazing i have beat the hell out of those shocks for about 20k miles ive even jumped my truck a few times and it still rides like a dream. kings and icons are top on the market but they are still the same materials as radflo and sway-aways just milled differently if you want exact specs ask greg from prg he knows the precise specs on them all and can custom tune them to your setup

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have the sways and have no complaints. Greg told me
Theyd last the life of the truck. I have 100k on em and cant tell the difference from when i first got em. I would def buy these again.

Reactions: TSINND

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
SAWS have lots of travel. i loved mine. and i miss mine :/

·
Registered
35 Posts
TAP hooked me up with some very sweet ICON bracket lift coilovers. The bonus with going with these is that you can add more to the top if you want to go bigger. You lose some height with the radflos right outta the box. So you would want to throw a 1.5" spacer to accomadate for the loss. Then he are maxed out.

My truck rides like a old caddy compared to my old procomp's. Ride is sweeet. Well worth the coin. And im pretty sure they can hook you up with rears as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the pro comps that came with the lift. I can't speak for anything else, but if your T is just a daily driver/road queen then the pro comps get the job done. Off-road is a whole different story. They bounce around quite a bit and the compression is pretty bad. I put a nice dent where the fender meets the passenger door. I thought the pro comps had a little less give to them, oops!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts