Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the donahue coilovers from PRG about a year ago and they are leaking already. I never went offroad with them, Pretty upset that i spent that much money on something that didnt even last a year, i always thought they would outlast the truck. I called donahue and they said i would have to take them out and shipp them to cali so they could rebuild them, A big pain in the A$$. Has anybody else had this problem.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Maybe Greg can help you out? Did you try giving him a call? I remember a thread about leaking Radflo's awhile back, something similar perhaps?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have 33,000 miles on mine and they are great. No problems at all. Maybe you got the friday set.:eek:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
wow....have had mine for about a year, don't have a single complaint and I've given them a pretty good beating too............you ought to call Greg.

·
Registered
63 Posts
EricNY said:
I got the donahue coilovers from PRG about a year ago and they are leaking already. I never went offroad with them, Pretty upset that i spent that much money on something that didnt even last a year, i always thought they would outlast the truck. I called donahue and they said i would have to take them out and shipp them to cali so they could rebuild them, A big pain in the A$$. Has anybody else had this problem.

Eric,

Sorry to hear that you've had a problem this early. We've had a couple other East Coast shocks come back for rebuild, but they were over three years old, and heavily abused offroad (winter road salt didn't help any). Fortunately the seals are a serviceable item. Unfortunately, the fix can't be done anywhere but here at the plant.

Although we don't warranty the seals beyond the first year, I'll take care of the repair for you if you can get the shocks back to DR. We can usually turn them around the same day.

Regards,

Jon Kantola
Operations Manager
Donahoe Racing

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
:rollingsm
DR Jon said:
Eric,

Sorry to hear that you've had a problem this early. We've had a couple other East Coast shocks come back for rebuild, but they were over three years old, and heavily abused offroad (winter road salt didn't help any). Fortunately the seals are a serviceable item. Unfortunately, the fix can't be done anywhere but here at the plant.

Although we don't warranty the seals beyond the first year, I'll take care of the repair for you if you can get the shocks back to DR. We can usually turn them around the same day.

Regards,

Jon Kantola
Operations Manager
Donahoe Racing
Way to go Jon!

This set up is one that I'm hoping to get later this summer and I appreciate knowing the customer service is behind the product. (Maybe you can find me a Nissan dealership near me that believes in your philosophy!)

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
DR Jon said:
winter road salt didn't help any

I might be in the market for a set of shocks soon and live in Pennsylvania where salt is definitely an issue. Could I run shock covers to prevent exposure to the salt in the wintertime? Is there any risk of the shockcover not letting enough airflow over the shock body causing it to heat up?

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
54warrior said:
I might be in the market for a set of shocks soon and live in Pennsylvania where salt is definitely an issue. Could I run shock covers to prevent exposure to the salt in the wintertime? Is there any risk of the shockcover not letting enough airflow over the shock body causing it to heat up?

Thanks.

I've seen guys out in the desert running "Dirt Bagz" to protect their shocks, so no, you shouldn't worry about heat...especially when you're running below freezing most of the winter! The biggest problem you face is road salt. We offer an IVD (aluminum vapor deposition) coating on the cylinders as an upgrade option, which is a surface prep originally developed for military landing craft. We also apply an undercoating to the springs (standard, not an upgrade), before the powdercoat, that helps prevent oxidation.

The worst repair request I've seen was from a guy in Illinois that apparently mudbogged in all seasons and never washed his truck. We soaked the shocks overnight in a solvent tank and still couldn't get the adjuster nut to budge. They ended up in the trash. Moral...wash your shocks!!!

- J

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
mine have been leaking for a while also.....less than a year old im pretty sure...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
wow ive been waiting for King to release their coilover replacments in the next month but after seeing a company go out of their way on a message board i might have to take a look at the Donahue's!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Im not so sure that theyre leaking...i think its more probable theyre weeping from seeing all that pavement. When you get em back, GET EM DIRTY!!!:idhit:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
John i appreciate you ofering to helpout i called Dr yesterday and spoketo someone i think his name was mike, I will call back today and try to get in touch with you. thanks again.
DR Jon said:
Eric,

Regards,

Jon Kantola
Operations Manager
Donahoe Racing

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes i spoke with greg and as always he was a big help, He called DR and is setting everything up so i can have them rebuilt.
54warrior said:
Maybe Greg can help you out? Did you try giving him a call? I remember a thread about leaking Radflo's awhile back, something similar perhaps?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm glad they're taking care of you. I've had my DR's for about a year now and have had no problems. I've done some mild offroading and everything has been cool.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My DR coilovers also leaked but mine were within 2 weeks. They also took care of my the only problem was having to take them off ship them in then get them put back on. I was pretty pissed after all that work and the shocks them selfs being 1100, I sorta expected a lot more. I know they cant be perfect and they did take care of me so I am happy but dang why me.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I was wondering why my front end was bouncy and 2 little puddles were on my driveway under these DR coil overs. I called Donahoe Racing today and they were very helpful. They are taking care of everything for me as soon as they have new units built to ship out to me next week. My coilovers are less than 1 year old (Bought June 20, 2006) and they said it was possible that they were suffering from a defective batch of seals or maybe the below 0 upstate NY winter may have contributed to early seal failure. They will not be sure of the problem until they get them back and have a look inside the units. No matter - they are VERY NICE and are taking care of everything for me without hesitation. DR is a first class operation all the way! I will just need to park the Titan until they arrive and borrow the good wife's Toyota Landcruiser for a while. I think I can stand the hardship of driving the Toyota long enough to get this taken care of.:bouncy:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts