Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting epidemic...

If anyone is having a leaking problem, PM me the serial numbers on your shocks. I'd like to see if there's a pattern related to the seals and build dates.

Also, make sure that you're not looking at a leak from somewhere else...like the ATF fitting that was recalled for puking fluid. Passenger side I believe. Not punking out on you guys...we just get too many shocks back covered in motor oil with no real problem that we can fix.

- Jon

·
Registered
62 Posts
I love my DR's I beat the crap out of them whenever I get a chance. Any company willing to be on these types of forums and listen to what the consumer has to say positive or negative really shows how much it cares about its products, quality and reputation. Thanks Donahoe Racing for the great products.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
DR Jon said:
Interesting epidemic...

If anyone is having a leaking problem, PM me the serial numbers on your shocks. I'd like to see if there's a pattern related to the seals and build dates.

Also, make sure that you're not looking at a leak from somewhere else...like the ATF fitting that was recalled for puking fluid. Passenger side I believe. Not punking out on you guys...we just get too many shocks back covered in motor oil with no real problem that we can fix.

- Jon
I will triple check before I pull them and send them back, but ATF is red and I already had the ATF lines replaced per the TSB. If I am dumping that much motor oil, I have bigger problems.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
bestatchess said:
I will triple check before I pull them and send them back, but ATF is red and I already had the ATF lines replaced per the TSB. If I am dumping that much motor oil, I have bigger problems.
you'd def. have huge problems............curious, how long have you had your DRs?

·
Registered
63 Posts
bestatchess said:

Oh...our shock oil is the same color as ATF, but most 3+ year rebuilds come back pretty dark. Not doubting you Best...just trying to help the masses :huh:

Send me a PM when they're in route and I'll babysit them when they get here, then email you back with the details. Not that Jeremy in Sales wouldn't give you the same attention...I'm just the resident Titan guy.

- J

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
DR Jon said:
Oh...our shock oil is the same color as ATF, but most 3+ year rebuilds come back pretty dark. Not doubting you Best...just trying to help the masses :huh:

Send me a PM when they're in route and I'll babysit them when they get here, then email you back with the details. Not that Jeremy in Sales wouldn't give you the same attention...I'm just the resident Titan guy.

- J
Hi DR Jon - any news on a tracking number for my coil overs? I have been waiting for over 2 weeks now for them to ship. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
DR Jon said:
Hey Roy, I'm sending you a PM.

- JK
Thank you Jon! - You were such a help getting me my new DR coilovers to replace the leaking set on my 2005 Titan CC. Please give my thanks to Mike as well - he was very professional and gave top drawer service all the way. DR is a real stand up company - and I will continue to recommend your coilovers to anyone who wants a superior product. I am a little sorry I had to wait so long for the replacement set as they were in short supply - but in the end it all worked out and my Titan is back on the road! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
royr said:
Thank you Jon! - You were such a help getting me my new DR coilovers to replace the leaking set on my 2005 Titan CC. Please give my thanks to Mike as well - he was very professional and gave top drawer service all the way. DR is a real stand up company - and I will continue to recommend your coilovers to anyone who wants a superior product. I am a little sorry I had to wait so long for the replacement set as they were in short supply - but in the end it all worked out and my Titan is back on the road! Thanks!
They received mine on Thursday, rebuilt them, sent them back the next day, and emailed a tracking number, with a new one year warranty on the seals. :D

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I'm getting a squeaking noise from my DR coliovers that are 3-4 months old. I can only hear the noise at low speed. It makes the noise when the coilover is compressed. Any idea what the problem would be?

·
Registered
53 Posts
My DR coilovers one always has a oily shaft while the other side is dry. Ill wipe the shaft down then drive home and it will be oily again. Not dripping but deffently oily while the other side it bone dry all the time. Is this a sign of a bad seal too?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
newguy said:
My DR coilovers one always has a oily shaft while the other side is dry. Ill wipe the shaft down then drive home and it will be oily again. Not dripping but deffently oily while the other side it bone dry all the time. Is this a sign of a bad seal too?
I'm no professional, but it sounds like a bad seal to me.

Mine haven't leak at all........the passenger side one just squeaks bad.

·
Registered
53 Posts
they are by no means pouring oil just enough to keep the shaft oily and collect road dirt. If I leave them alone will that slight film keep them from leaking more or do I need to get them rebuilt.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My leaking has seemed to get better. They were just rebuilt for leaking seals right before I put them back on, is is possiable that they were just pushing out extra fluid and once they get to the right level the will be fine?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts